Old 01-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wz3mo View Post
Another mod I did was cut out the front openings in the storage area under the foot of the bed. We use laundry baskets to keep coats, boots, etc. in there which I can now slide out and not have to fool around lifting the cumbersome bed! I lined the cut out with vinyl edging for a clean look. I left a lip of the paneling at the bottom to prevent them from sliding out during travel. Another quick mod I did was to the two panels (under the bathroom sink & hot water tank area) that need to be removed for winterizing. Instead of having to unscrew all the screws every time to access the valves, I installed cabinet magnets at two edges that hold the paneling in place. NO MORE unscrewing! Just lift out the panel and access the valves!
Just makes things more convenient.
Was trying to come up with something for under the bed, like a slide out laundry drawer, but I like your idea better! Simpler and just as efficient.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #32

Where did you get the cabinet magnets? Could you post a picture?

Old 02-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #33

Can't get a picture now, I've got the Vibe all covered up for winter! I got the magnets at Lowe's they are about $1.59 each. It's a magnet with a little steel plate for cabinets. I attached 2 steel plates to the back side of the removable panel piece at 2 edges. I used a small block of 1 X 2 and screwed them to the inside edges of the opening to support the magnet which I screwed into the blocks, line them up and your good to go. I put a low profile knob on the outside of the panel to grasp for pulling it off. Works great, simple fix.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #34

Can you tell me where you installed the disconnect switch?
Old 02-08-2016, 01:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by michparks View Post
Can you tell me where you installed the disconnect switch?
I originally put mine on the front wall above the battery. That was before I switched to 2 6v batteries. See pic with black (factory) battery box; which by the way, was never able to be closed and sealed properly. A definite issue with a battery that requires ventilation because of the off-gassing it has. Tsk Tsk Forest River! The bottom and top are identical pieces and they just weren't big enough to contain the batter and wires.

I built a new box for the 6 volts and installed the disconnect switch on the front of the box so it's super easy to reach. Attached a picture to show you. The front piece of the battery box is screwed to the main box, but also is hinged to the right side. So I can removed the screws and then hinge the whole front panel out of the way without removing the switch to get the batteries out of the box if necessary. They are maintenance free batteries so hopefully that's not an issue.

Hope this helps.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160101_155554.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	99197   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151215_171424.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	99198  
Old 02-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #36

We looked at this trailer at the RVA RV show Saturday. It looks like a nice trailer for the money. Anyone have any manufacture/warranty issues? I love the window in the side and the light it lets in. I also love the fact that you can see your camp site from that big window. With all the slides in some campers it takes your view of the campsite away and this one does not.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #37

Some warranty issues I had were quickly taken care of at my dealer ( stress crack at base of skylight above shower, torn rubber slideout seal). They had to send pictures of the problems to FR for an OK to proceed. All was taken care promptly. I wouldn't worry and get the 286RKS and you'll love it! Spring can't get here fast enough so we can take it out again.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #38

We enjoy ours. Had the heater fail during a thanksgiving trip and took it in. Turned out to be the regulator which technically wasn't covered under warranty any longer, so 45 bucks later it seems to be working ok. Other than that we've been pretty happy with it. Wish we waited a year and got the bigger fridge of feed now, but overall it's a good TT.

Tags
vibe