Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #1

2018 FR Lemon (Vibe) 313BHS

Very quickly regretting not listening to people and staying away from a Forest River for our first New Camper purchase. Our brand new camper has more miles towing it back to the dealer and more days in the shop than we have been able to enjoy it. So far, the problems keep getting worse and more severe.
When I picked up the new camper following inspection(where everything appeared to work properly) I got home to find an electrical short which kept the brake light on camper stuck on until I disconnected the battery, rear jacks not working, all kitchen drawers falling out, screen door and bedroom door wouldn't latch, toilet paper holder falling off wall(it is screwed directly into panel wall with no support or backing) and couple other minor things I'm certain I'm forgetting. Next day tow it back to dealer (64 miles away) and problems are corrected.

Pick it back up in time for our first trip 2 weeks later, arrive at campsite and rear jacks not working. Maybe get 1/8 of an inch and the breaker trips and have to wait about 20 seconds for it to reset and get another 1/8". Bedroom door still not latching, and toilet paper holder still falling off wall. A/c condensation so bad had to place trash can under it to catch the water. Otherwise, nice first trip in new camper. Dealer states new rear jacks are on order and will fix other problems when I take it back in for jacks to be replaced.

Following weekend another trip. Set up Thursday night. Wake up Saturday morning to a large puddle of water just inside bunkroom door. Wipe it up and honestly thought friend of ours woke up drunk and peed. (was ready to kill him) nope, water coming from under wall adjoining pantry. Dealer doesn't know what it could be coming from. Finished weekend with towels on floor. Leaking bad enough that was saturating large beach towels within an hour or two. Towed camper back to dealer directly from campground Sunday evening and still waiting on update of what they found.

We all know campers and water don't mix..I have an issue with brand new camper which will now have mold and water damage.. Pretty sure I will not like their response based on other complaints I've seen people have but trying to stay positive, just very hard when you work hard to save up and purchase a brand new 30k dollar camper cash and have these problems..
Kstorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe