Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #1

Back from our 1st long tow with the 365VTSB

We just finished our longest tow to date with the 365VTSB. Over 4 hours each way. Ocala, FL to slightly west of Marianna, FL to the Florida Caverns State Park. What an awesome camping site!!! A must if you like going 67ft under the ground into a 3/4 mile long cavern!!!

The trailer towed beautifully. I only felt the wind a few times as the cold front pushing in brought some 11mph wind with heavier gusts.

I swapped out my china bombs with some new commercial grade LT tires and we set the cruise at 72mph. I got almost 11 mpg hand calc each way. The trailer was loaded up a bit so my best guess was about 11,250lbs. Used 3/4 tank each way.

In comparison, my buddy towed his Puma Unleashed toy hauler with his Chevy 6 liter gasser and used 1 1/2 tanks of fuel each way to get it up there. 6.1mpg hand calc.... He also struggled up the hills to maintain 62... Diesel FTW!

It did get down to 30 degrees the first night and, here is the only hitch of the trip..., the thermomister died so it would not ignite the propane furnace The wife was NOT happy so off for the 16 mile each way trip to get portable heaters (which are now part of the packing list).

It goes in tomorrow to get the thermomister replaced under warranty.

All in all, a great trip!!!
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:40 AM   #2

Glad you had a great trip.
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
Nan

I live about 14 miles from there... It is a fantastic place...
Have you been to Falling Waters? Nice as well... not as spectacular as the Caverns...
but lots of good nature
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags