Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #11

My V-Lite came with one. It was located in the nose with the propane tanks.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #12

We have a 2013 Windjammer 2809. It does have a "Battery diconnect" in the front compartment with the propane tanks as you've described.

My only question is; which is on and which is off?

The switch can be pushed in or pulled out; the books for my trailer don't say one word about the battery disconnect.

I've also noticed that I'm not getting a reading on the panel in the trailer unless the trailer is plugged into the ground power.

I'm thinking something is not connected correctly. With the trailer plugged into the tow vehicle I should be getting at least lights on the panel, but nothing. I'm heading back over to the dealership on Wednesday prior to our trip to have them check the trailer.

thanks in advance for any assistance.

The disconnect switch is to the right of the bottom of the propane tank.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #13
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfskinner View Post
We have a 2013 Windjammer 2809. It does have a "Battery diconnect" in the front compartment with the propane tanks as you've described.

The switch can be pushed in or pulled out; the books for my trailer don't say one word about the battery disconnect.

I've also noticed that I'm not getting a reading on the panel in the trailer unless the trailer is plugged into the ground power.

I'm thinking something is not connected correctly. With the trailer plugged into the tow vehicle I should be getting at least lights on the panel, but nothing. I'm heading back over to the dealership on Wednesday prior to our trip to have them check the trailer.

thanks in advance for any assistance.

The disconnect switch is to the right of the bottom of the propane tank.

Can you simply push the switch in and see if all electrical equipment that runs off the battery operates?

And then pull the switch out and see what electrical equipment operates with the switch in that position.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfskinner View Post

I don't have one of these as I install my own, but IIRC the factory installed these so that on is pulled out.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #15

On my 2012 Windjammer the disconnect switch is; switch pulled out, battery is connected and switch pushed in, battery disconnected...
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #16

Road-King thank you so much...... So "Out is On".....

When I parked my trailer two weeks ago I pushed it in and nothing works.... that explains it..... I'll head back over to the trailer today and give it the test. Don't want to be out too much with the storm and all.

Thanks again.....
Old 11-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #17

My 2012 V- Cross 275 fiver does not have one and it is not listed as an option.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post

Can you simply push the switch in and see if all electrical equipment that runs off the battery operates?

And then pull the switch out and see what electrical equipment operates with the switch in that position.
That is the same switch installed on the Rockwood line, but in a different location. Pull out is connected, PUSH IN IS DISCONNECTED. I know you you would think it's the exactly rev., but it's not. If anything bangs against it when traveling it will disconnect your battery's which will stop your safety lock.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #19
B47

Is it remotely possible that something could bump against the switch while traveling?

If so and I owned that model, I would certainly make a cover of some sort or not place anything around it that could possibility push it in while traveling.

That is a dangerous configuation IMO.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #20

b47 there is nothing in that compartment but that switch and the two propane tanks.... if anything were to bump against that switch it would probably be the side of the trailer...... and then I don't I would need the switch......

I just wasn't sure which was off and which was on.... nothing in the owners manual about that switch.... I'd even thought the dealer had put it in, but when I asked they said no, comes on all the newer trailers.....

Tags
battery, battery disconnect