Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Black tank flushing system

Was flushing black tank. Had a back flow preventer in line. Notice water coming from under trailer. Never had this problem before while flushing tank. Check for a leak. Looks like there is a right angle black square thing in line with water flow. Has these markings B&B, model number 571. Also 110f or a p and 125 psi. Is this a combination check valve back flow preventer? The water seam to be coming from it. Thanks for your help
__________________

__________________
dgkbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Mine would leak occasionally so I finally just took it out along with about 10' of hose and connect the hose directly to the inlet behind the back flow valve. Works just fine.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Mine would leak occasionally so I finally just took it out along with about 10' of hose and connect the hose directly to the inlet behind the back flow valve. Works just fine.
Where is the back flow valve located. must be after the vacuum break, maybe before the head, I do not have one that I can see? surely not going to drop the bottom and look. Where did you find yours or did you just add one?
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:01 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Where is the back flow valve located. must be after the vacuum break, maybe before the head, I do not have one that I can see? surely not going to drop the bottom and look. Where did you find yours or did you just add one?

Behind the outside hose connection inside the camper. It is connected to the hose connection. Just cut the hose off and find the hose that goes down into the underbelly, cut the hose and connect it to the back flow valve. Real easy, takes about 5 minutes.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Behind the outside hose connection inside the camper. It is connected to the hose connection. Just cut the hose off and find the hose that goes down into the underbelly, cut the hose and connect it to the back flow valve. Real easy, takes about 5 minutes.
I understand where I can add one, my problem is the black flush is between the shower surround and the outside wall. I can't even reach it. From that back valve it go's down under the unit between the floor and the enclosed bottom. If it breaks I'll just have to figure out how to run a line directly to the head and just leave what is there now. Lets hope it don't break. I can not believe they did not make it accessible. Thanks.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #6
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Not talking about the valve behind your shower surround, the back flow preventer I'm talking about is on the back side of the hose connection you use to flush the black tank. The hose originally comes in from the outside and goes up to the vent/backflow valve (was under my bathroom lavatory and behind your shower surround) and then down into the black tank. All you have to do is remove the hose from the inside of the hose connection and cut the hose going into the black tank and connect it to the inlet hose.

Top picture is the back flow preventer (brass fitting with arrow on it) on the back of the outside hose connection.
Bottom picture is the outside hose connection
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01537.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	76146   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01538.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	76147  
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Well you just put a check valve in line. I'm not worried about that my concern if my Black Valve vacuum breaks. I have no way of repairing it. You can't get to it even to put a brass one in. a check valve will not stop the Vacuum valve from breaking in my wall.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:38 PM   #8
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well you just put a check valve in line. I'm not worried about that my concern if my Black Valve vacuum breaks. I have no way of repairing it. You can't get to it even to put a brass one in. a check valve will not stop the Vacuum valve from breaking in my wall.
I never put anything in, it is factory, all I did was remove the valve and hoses you're worried about.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:10 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I never put anything in, it is factory, all I did was remove the valve and hoses you're worried about.
It's like I said months ago. Flagstaff units cost a little more then Rockwood, and thank you for proving my point. They do come with little extras that Rockwood's do not...
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:41 AM   #10
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It's like I said months ago. Flagstaff units cost a little more then Rockwood, and thank you for proving my point. They do come with little extras that Rockwood's do not...
Your Rockwood has the same valve if you look. They have to have it to keep possible back flow from the tank.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.