Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2016, 10:35 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
some of this stuff that these companies are allowed to get away with just makes me shake my head.
I would shake my fist.
__________________

__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:57 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 908
We have used the XtraRide Platinum warranty numerous times all over the Southwest and have had excellent results. The $$$ saved by using it is more than triple what was paid for it. Sorry you didn't have a good experience, but sounds like you got a mobile tech that was either greedy, or didn't know how to work with extended warranties. I would call XtraRide direct and ask for a supervisor and an appeal.
__________________

__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:21 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
We have used the XtraRide Platinum warranty numerous times all over the Southwest and have had excellent results. The $$$ saved by using it is more than triple what was paid for it. Sorry you didn't have a good experience, but sounds like you got a mobile tech that was either greedy, or didn't know how to work with extended warranties. I would call XtraRide direct and ask for a supervisor and an appeal.
I have heard from some people that don't have a problem but I have heard from many others who said they have been a nightmare to deal with. There isn't any consistency.
__________________
AstronomyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:29 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronomyGuy View Post
I have heard from some people that don't have a problem but I have heard from many others who said they have been a nightmare to deal with. There isn't any consistency.
This is our second RV that we have had XtraRide coverage. The first we probably broke even as we didn't have many claims. But with both RVs and at least a dozen claims we have never had any problems getting any claims covered. Guess we are lucky!!!
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 1,834
Install some rubber grommets rewire the rig and tell Extraride to um lets see oh ya have a nice day
__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #16
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Install some rubber grommets rewire the rig and tell Extraride to um lets see oh ya have a nice day
Yep!
Op you can cancel your warranty with them and get a refund. It starts from day 1 that you purchased it and they will refund you the remaining time minus a certain amount for the paperwork and all.
When our other 5er totaled at 10 months old we called and canceled our xtra ride policy. I think we payed about $1350 for it and after all the fees and it being about 13 months after our initial purchase by the time everything was completed, i think we received a check for about $1050.
__________________
MillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
MilCop4523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a big child free home - except for me
Posts: 1,170
I opted for the FR 2nd yr warranty last week when we purchased our 2017 Greywolf Toy hauler.

at the dealership we noticed a few issues which they could not fix or replace.
wiring at teh rear of the unit where it goes to the taillights came through torch cut hole. It's not even round so i cannot put a rubber wiring gromet in the frame. taped it the best i could with electrical tape and will put on a wiring loom and wiring loop for screwing it into place next week to protect it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_100916_1476188346606_resized.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	408.6 KB
ID:	122685  
__________________
09 Sundance 31.5 XLT Bunkhouse
17 Greywolf 22rr Toy Hauler
and
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 1,663
Nice flag pole.
__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:18 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
MilCop4523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a big child free home - except for me
Posts: 1,170
Thanks - after almost 20 years military police service I will fly the flag of support. Poles and Holders on the internet sell the poles and the A frame holders
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161009_182825_resized.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	122687  
__________________
09 Sundance 31.5 XLT Bunkhouse
17 Greywolf 22rr Toy Hauler
and
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
I opted for the FR 2nd yr warranty last week when we purchased our 2017 Greywolf Toy hauler.

at the dealership we noticed a few issues which they could not fix or replace.
wiring at teh rear of the unit where it goes to the taillights came through torch cut hole. It's not even round so i cannot put a rubber wiring gromet in the frame. taped it the best i could with electrical tape and will put on a wiring loom and wiring loop for screwing it into place next week to protect it.
That is the way my wire loom was ran. You world think there would be a better way then torch cut.
__________________

__________________
AstronomyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
brake wiring, warranty, wiring

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.