Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2015, 11:16 PM   #1

Buying a 6506 Used

I am picking up a used 2014 Vibe 6506 Monday and would appreciate any suggestions of anything I need to look out for when going over it before finalizing the deal. Been out of RVs the last 20 years and just retired and would like to start camping again. Will mostly be camping alone, so the Vibe seems like the perfect size. Will be pulling it with my 2011 F150 Ecoboost that came with towing package and I will have the E2 equalizer hitch set up. Would like any info or suggestions you can give.
Rockmantex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
Always Learning

Find a good PDI checklist to follow. They'll help you make sure you don't miss anything.

The only other comment is that being used- you get zero factory warranties on anything.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:49 AM   #3

I would check under the trailer to see if the floor is properly sealed. I have seen a new Vibe with the cloth webbing material tore loose from the floor allowing the wood to get wet and rot. Other than that check to see if everything works appliances, electrical system and plumbing. Hope everything is good and you are able to enjoy camping in your 6506 Vibe.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:39 AM   #4

Welcome to the forums.

As this is a used TT you need to be double sure everything works BEFORE you pull it off the lot because once it is off and something goes south it's on you.

If the dealer will not fix a problem walk away.

To reiterate, if something does not work and the dealer will not fix it BEFORE you pull it off the lot, leave.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:13 PM   #5

PDI all checked out, it pulled great going home and as I am writing this, I am on my 3rd night of camping in it. It is pouring down rain and I sure am glad I am not in my tent camping like before. I think I am going to really enjoy this camper. Thanks for all the suggestions y'all gave me on PDI.
Rockmantex is offline   Reply With Quote