Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #1

Any vibe owners had trouble with side and top channel trim cracking? I noticed today that the vertical channel trim forward of my awning is cracking and coming loose. The entire length of all this trim is approx 60 feet,front to rear on roof edges and sides(roof sides 23ft each side roof and 7 ft each vertical side).

geo m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:18 PM   #2

My trim on my 6504 at the roof line just above the awning was to small in width and it allowed water to get in. I had to have the factory replace it. They put trim on that was wide enough to cover the seam where the side wall and the roof came together.

AstronomyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:11 AM   #3
I'll get up there and check it out and let you know. I didn't notice anything abnormal when I de-winterized it about a month ago but I might have missed it. Will let you know.
Blubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
Thank you for mentioning that it could be for the earlier vibes they used a narrower trim. Our 2012 Vibe is at Camping World getting some repairs done under warranty. When I go to pick it up I will ask them to have a look at the trim. Our 2009 r-pod if I remember had a narrow trim and it was never a problem. I did notice on the Vibe some bubbles in the sealant along the trim, I should ask Camping World if that is a problem.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
I went to Camping World today and purchased a 100 ft roll of channel trim,$23.00. I replaced all the trim even though all was not damaged.The trim on the sunny side was really cracked and broken.My 6504 was manufactured June of 2012. I purchased it in August of 2012.I am planning to purchase a cover although I hate having to take it on and off. This must be a fairly common problem since Camping World had a lot of this molding in stock. I wonder if black molding would last better than the white molding which I used?
geo m is offline   Reply With Quote