Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #1

Talking Ditto Old Guys

We seem to be the only V-Crossers out here. In the time since we got ours, I have only seen one other on the highway and it was from down the road in Quebec. That being said, it IS nice to have our own spot.
Happy camping!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #2

V Cross

Ok now that you started a thread we have been looking at the Windjammer and V-lite what is the difference between those and the V cross. I see the floor plans different but are there any construction or others. Just curious.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #3

Gosh Calgary, I really don't know. We got into ours quite by accident. We were looking for a trailer when we came across a Cherokee Grey Wolf v-nose that we liked. The dealer said they were being discontinued in favour of the V-Cross by Forest River and they would be much more expensive. When we couldn't reach a deal we ended up looking stateside and were able to get a year newer V-Cross that was a twin to the Grey Wolf but a considerable bit cheaper when all was said and done. About all I can tell you is we are very happy with our Super Lite 27VFKS and likewise with our dealer (American R.V.) in Grand Rapids Michigan. Old Guys
Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #4

V-Cross

Thanks for that. FR does not seem to get much into construction details like some of the others. They just put enough to get you thinking. It appears there may be a bit heavier flooring and roof in the VCross but can't be sure and I have not come across one at any dealer yet to see one.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #5

Talking

Calgary;
Haven't been on for a bit, so didn't see your query. The main difference I have seen with the Flagstaff V-Lite is a complaint about the fresh water tank size. On the V-cross it is 50 gallons and I think it is 35 on the V-lite. It makes a difference if you camp for more than a couple of days. The other thing you will probably not like is the standard mattress from F R. We replaced ours from a mattress builder and now sleep much better.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #6

We live in eastern Ontario and no one carries The v cross or windjammer trailers. We found a windjammer 3001w at the spring RV show in Ottawa. It was only 2 yrs old. We had to drive 3 hours to the dealer ship to purchase it. The price was right and am sstisfied with the unit. I like the extra space in the v nose. It also tows like a dream. the v nose cuts through the air like a bow of a ship. We get a lot of odd looks at campgrounds. People are intersted in the v shape of the trailer.

Windjammer 3001w
07 Ford F150 supercab
Full time campers
Been in trailer since April 16th.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
v-cross