Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #1

forest river vibe sewer hook up

Can anyone help me with direction for setting up a semi-permanent sewer hose connection that is approximately 12 feet long. I would want to use a pvc type of set up. Thanks!
wannabcomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:47 AM   #2

Even with a solid pipe sewer connection you will still need to treat your black tank like it was hooked to a flexible connection. Keep it closed until it needs dumping, this will prevent the dreaded poop pyramid. Unlike the slinky (you can lift) your solid pipe will need 1/4" a foot fall (no steeper) to keep solids moving and not plugging the pipe.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #3

true, and also the reason that most of us don't keep our drains open is because the TOILET in the RV usually does not have a 'p-trap' to keep sewer smells from the sewer system from coming up into the RV.

Now, a way around this, if you DO want to keep your drains open, is to have a 'p-trap' as part of the permanent PVC piping from the RV to the sewer drain outlet.

As for the piping part, pvc is easy to work with, easy to cut, and different types of connectors are easily found. A connection to your existing Main outlet might be harder to find, but you could also make one yourself...diy.

An easier route, though, is to just invest in a decently 'thick' RV Sewer Hose and use it. It is well designed to easily handle your needs, even for the long term.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #4
Site Team

Get yourself these two things. If you're like me and have 2 sewer outlets get one for each.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After that, it's just a matter of getting the PVC and connections to route to the sewer hookup on the ground.

One of these days, I need to take a picture of my setup to show examples when these questions come up.

I didn't use any kind of glue on the pipes either so they are removable should I ever need to move or change the configuration somehow.

Depending on how long you run them, you may have to put some sort of support under the pipes. I have a couple of cinder blocks under mine.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, vibe