Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #1

Furnace Safety Issue

Hi All,
Found something that is more than a little scary on my 2014 Vibe 6504. We had some crayons roll into the furnace on our last trip (and looks like even more before). So I will be patching up the grate a bit with some nice metal screening, but that wasn't the biggest surprise. Since we bought the trailer the furnace has been installed crooked. The dealer was supposed to fix this, and it was sorta they bent the cover to make it look right. So I unscrew from the floor and try to turn it a little, pick it up and find a bunch of saw dust, wood chips, foam pieces, right under the furnace. Now I know it's likely not going to catch fire, BUT, I've always thought it a good idea to not install a fire on top of wood chips, that is unless I want those chips to burn.

We haven't camped in the deep cold of winter, this was found on the sunny beach in Rocky Point, Sonora, Mexico.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150529-WoodDustAndChipsUnderFurnace.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	78776  
soniclos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, safety