Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #1

Hail damage

Does anybody have pictures in there archives of some hail damage on there roof of there camper? I've got tiny spots on my roof. I'm not sure what it is. Any help thanks.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Site Team

I haven't had to deal with hail so I don't have any pictures to share. Are you able to take some pictures of your roof to post here? Someone with hail experience might be able to provide some feedback.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #3

I'll post some pictures later. It was getting dark outside. It didn't broke through the roof. It's almost like a scuff mark. I need to clean it to be sure. First camping trip this year. Heading to myrtle beach this weekend.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
Site Team

Most likely there are pictures in various threads from members but I haven't come across them yet. I did find one picture of hail damage but it only showed damage to the vents or plastic covers.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #5

I've seen those pictures too. I'll post a picture tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Site Team

I had a metal-sided Thor-California Tahoe that suffered $5500 worth of hail damage and none of the damage was on the roof. It was metal sides, vents, awning, A/C cover, etc. I don't remember seeing any marks on the roof.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #7

Didn't get a chance to take picture. Took the camper to get service work done on the water heater. It wasn't lighting the gas. And the tv had a buzzing noise coming from it. And I had a breaker box under the sink busted. Don't know when I'll get it back.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #8

I had one with hail damage but the main damage was broken marker light covers. Even the vent seemed to hold up. FWIW
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #9
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebaker View Post
Does anybody have pictures in there archives of some hail damage on there roof of there camper? I've got tiny spots on my roof. I'm not sure what it is. Any help thanks.
Our 2013 Puma 5er was totaled last year from hail. Beat the siding up and broke fridge vent and other vents, and dented antenna. No roof damage, just some cracks In the dicor from it.

Fyi after working in the collision industry in Oklahoma most of my working life, hail wont scratch or scuff things 99.9% of the time. Thats how we can tell if its real or "made up" hail damage. You are probably just seeing where the impact cleaned some dirt or dust off the roof if it looks like a scuff.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Our 2013 Puma 5er was totaled last year from hail. Beat the siding up and broke fridge vent and other vents, and dented antenna. No roof damage, just come cracks In the dicor from it.
Fyi after working in the collision industry in Oklahoma most of my working life, hail wont scratch or scuff things 99.9% of the time. Thats how we can tell if its real or "made up" hail damage. You are probably just seeing where the impact cleaned some dirt or dust off the roof if it looks like a scuff.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!

Thanks
Old 04-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
It would still help if you had some pictures, but regardless, could you have had animal damage? I had woodpecker damage last fall and had to have a roof replaced. There was discussion if it was either tree limb damage or an animal chewing on the roof, but I had chased a woodpecker away twice and feel confident that's what it was. Tree limb damage will cause scrape marks and occasionally leave bark residue under the ripped roof edges. Just a thought.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote