Old 12-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #1

LED Light Issues

Just bought a 2016 268RKS and when we did the walk through the LED Awning Light was flashing. They said they had to go to the store to get a battery for the LED 30 button remote to turn this LED Awning Light off. I didn't think anything of it. Well I finally get the camper home, I hooked up the battery power and the awning light is still flashing colors as it was at the dealer. The control panel light switch on the wall does nothing on or off..the LED remote does nothing when hitting ANY buttons. I can't and have never seen the under kitchen counter accent lights come on. When I hit the "lights" button on the wireless hand held remote I hear a click around the fuse box like a relay is activating but does absolutely nothing as far as ANY lights coming on on off. Basically, no light button on any remote, switch or controller works at all and I have an annoying awning LED flashing like I am at a Rave. Am I missing something? Does the awning have to be open? Where is the LED control box that you are supposed to point the 30 button LED remote to? I have party buses and have installed these myself. I'm pissed..One last question, I do not have the Linc pad that I thought I would get but got a cheesy controller that seems like something between an old cell phone and a tv remote. I was told they got rid of the Linc pad because of software issues. Is this true?

Old 12-03-2015, 09:27 PM   #2

U did say a walk thru

Old 12-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #3

What are you trying to say?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:57 PM   #4

Do a search of led control on this forum. It's happened before. I think the answer was to remove power from the remote and light strip at the same time, this will resync both and give you back control. Can't be for certain of the steps though.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-18-2016, 01:08 AM   #5

I had same problem. Could not control the led lights under awning with controller. I found that I had to point the controller at the panel where you turn the lights on/off at just under the thermostat. I would stand at the door and change to colors I wanted. The accent lights have a switch on the other side of counter near the window. You will have to move the recliner to see it.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:44 AM   #6

No, after calling forest river I finally found out that the dumbass designers put my "seeing eye" wire in the upper cabinet. They said I had one of the first designs for 2016 where they did not put it in the wall housing panel. So I have to open the upper cabinet above where the TV would be and point remote inside where the wire hangs..unbelievable. So they told me I need to cut a hole in the side of the cabinet (side directing toward door/window) and set the eye in there so I could use the remote without having to open cabinet. I was like who the hell designed this?

Tags
light, led