Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #1

Looking for info on a 32VFKS model

Need some input from you V-Cross owners. Looking at the 32VFKS model and want to know how they hold up. Any likes or dislikes you have. Any major issues you know of for the line.
I'm doing some research on this model and the Rockwood Windjammer 3008W. If anyone looked at both before making the decision to go with V-Cross I'd like to know what swung you in that direction.
I've not been able to walk thru one yet. Local dealer doesn't have that modle in yet. They are a new dealership for V-Cross and just getting their feet wet with the line. Did however look at a 32VTS. Beautiful unit, but not the right floor plan for me.

Thanks a bunch.

Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #2

we looked at both of those units at the tampa fl rv show in jan 2011, along with the flagstaff version. we chose the rockwood 3008, we liked the v-cross frameless windows, corian counter tops, round dining table and chairs,side aisle bath, larger frame rails [ we were told] , the rear cargo rack,slide out propane tank rack, front nose panel.what we didnt like, the living area lay out with room for only one recliner chair without blocking the entrance door, the entertainment center looked unfinished[the factory sales rep at the show said that was an area they were working on] the fit and finish of the interior was not as nice, the bed on the show unit was destroyed, the plywood top was broke and the lift arms were torn out of the wood frame,[the rockwood and flagstaff units are alum. framed] at the show the v-cross was $8000 more than the rockwood / flagstaff units. we were told the v-cross was built in a different factory than rockwood/flagstaff.

Hitch: 1200 Equalizer
Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #3

Blue tick,
Thanks for the info. I get what your saying about the placement of the TV. In pics I've looked at its just placed on the wall. A bit lame I agree.
I like all the same features as you. Was not aware bed frame is wood.
Only thing on the Rockwood is wardrobe in bedroom. I'd prefer cabinets going all the way to the ceiling, with a built in shelf for TV. Do you know if that's an option?

Any issues with your 3008? My current Rockwood has been solid. I definately would not spend 8K more for the V-Cross either. Any issues with getting TT hooked up with the equalizer?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #4

koodog, the issues weve had with our 2011 3008 have been few and minor and are in the process of being resolved or already resolved. our issues were, cupped counter tops that pulled loose and counter top trim that needs to be reattached and sealed, this problem was addressed in the 2012 unit, our concertone unit was changed out three times with the last unit being the new genises that is working great, i did notice the v-cross units are using the jensen. our awning is mounted forward and doesnt cover both entry doors, dont have a clue why they did this, and they have changed this for 2012. unfortunatly theres not much of a fix for this, we are looking in to a small awning for the rear door. as far as the wardrobe, dont know of any full wall cabinet with built in tv option. we carry a small tv and just set it on top. if they changed anything with that cabinet we would rather see the wardrobe lowered by removing the drawers underneath and installing a window above. there is so much storage with these units those drawers would not be missed. dont know what your time frame is, there is a new exterior trim package introduced and rummered that it will be offered on the windjammer, this would give you the frameless windows. the equalizer hitch goes on the windjammer with out any issues at all. you may have to buy the extended hitch head if your dodge is 4x4 with larger than stock 265 tires.
Hitch: 1200 Equalizer
Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #5

Pat,
I'm in no big hurry to purchase. I'll wait and see about the new trim package as I really like the frameless windows.
Thanks for the heads up on the hitch. If this is what you did, I'll most likely need the same as I see we have the same truck.
Good to hear FR got you fixed up on your issues. I only had to change my Concertone once and it too has been working great. Great idea on wardrobe....didn't think about that. The shortness of current cabinet just makes it look unfinished to me. The V Cross used to make the style I liked, but I see they changed it to a full length on one side and basically a 1/2 shelf on the other. Perhaps mounting a swing arm to the side of cabinet would be ok.

Anyway...thanks again.