Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #1

lukewarm water

Hi, I just purchased a 2015 v cross classic 30ft bumper pull and I'm unable to figure out how to get HOT water! It gets lukewarm at best. Sometimes I will hear a ticking sound but nothing ever gets hot. Am I missing something? I've been reading that I need to make sure water is actually in the hot water tank but other than running the hot and cold taps, I'm unsure of how to check anything.
Help would be greatly appreciated!
Jrhyatt2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:38 PM   #2

Check the position of the Water Heater bypass valves, located behind your water heater. See pic
Attached Images

Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhyatt2013 View Post
Hi, I just purchased a 2015 v cross classic 30ft bumper pull and I'm unable to figure out how to get HOT water! It gets lukewarm at best. Sometimes I will hear a ticking sound but nothing ever gets hot. Am I missing something? I've been reading that I need to make sure water is actually in the hot water tank but other than running the hot and cold taps, I'm unsure of how to check anything.
Help would be greatly appreciated!
This similar thread may help:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post837478

Also the ticking sound is most likely your Direct Spark Ignitor (DSI) making the sparks to ignite the propane, if you are using the hot water heater on propane.

This thread may help in the understanding of that.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ore-36197.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:47 PM   #4

Thank you all very much for the help! The hot and cold water were simply mixing. We fixed the bypass valve (a simple turn of the knob) and now we have hot water! Thank you so much!
Jrhyatt2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water