Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #1

Cool MaxxAir11 installation on Sabre 5th wheel

I had a MaxxAirII vent installed over the bedroom vent and like the addition. I asked for one over the fantastic fan in the bathroom too but the dealer told me they couldn't install it because the venting stacks would be too close to the MaxxAir vents. Has anyone else run into this problem? Are there any options?
I have the Palomino Sabre 31RETS. Thanks.
Durango32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
I have one quick question. Why you like yours so much? I want to get some and heard they are good, but are they good enough to choose not to run a/c?

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

MaxxAir Vent Covers

I likke the vent covers because you can leave the vent open without getting rain inside the trailer, and because you can leave the vents open even when it is very windy. The MaxxAir vent cover protects your vent cover from being torn off. I don't think they have any effect on the working of your a/c, except that when I am running the a/c I close the vents (except the bathroom when it is in use).
Old 01-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

We bought the Maxxair II's for the same reasons Durango32 said.

You can leave the vents open and not worry about rain coming in.

There are times when ventilation is needed while you're underway, and the regular roof vents are too fragile to withstand the wind pressure while travelling down the road. Just ask anyone who forgot to close the vent before travelling, and how much it cost to replace them.

The Maxxair II's are an improvement over the originals because they have a quick release design for repairing or cleaning the roof vents.

Finally, there are times and temperatures when ventilation is preferred to having to run the A/C unit.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubieman View Post
I have one quick question. Why you like yours so much? I want to get some and heard they are good, but are they good enough to choose not to run a/c?
Since they are reversable....
We have used our's in the evening to bring cool air into the trailer.
We open the vent over the bed and then turn on the Maxx Air in the livingroom and it really does create a nice breeze without running the A/C.
You can pull or push the air depending on your preference.
Way better that the stock fart fan that most trailers come with.

BTW I have one Max Air and one Fantastic Fan.
The trailer came with the F/F and I added the Maxx Air.
I like them both equally.

I have covers on all three vent openings.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

Fivecodys.......

How do the prices compare between the two fans.........Maxx Air versus Fantastic Fan.......as long as both are the manual model, or both are the power model? Do both fan companys offer the same variety of speeds and direction?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango32 View Post
I had a MaxxAirII vent installed over the bedroom vent and like the addition. I asked for one over the fantastic fan in the bathroom too but the dealer told me they couldn't install it because the venting stacks would be too close to the MaxxAir vents. Has anyone else run into this problem? Are there any options?
I have the Palomino Sabre 31RETS. Thanks.
These are made to place over the vents with Fantasic Fans. I have used one for almost 2 years with no problems.

Fan Mate Ceiling Fan Rain Cover, Model 800

Hope this helps.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Fivecodys.......

How do the prices compare between the two fans.........Maxx Air versus Fantastic Fan.......as long as both are the manual model, or both are the power model? Do both fan companys offer the same variety of speeds and direction?
Here's a link to the page on Tweety's that has the powered vents they offer. Fantastic Fan and MaxxAir Turbo vents are listed as well as others. Each product gives a good descrition and should answer your question.

Tweetys.com - RV Parts & Accessories - RV Hitches - Warn Products - Powered Vents

Hope this helps.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #9

I appreciate all the feedback - I really do. There is a lot to learn about Rv'ing; a lot more than I thought. What I am really looking for is input from others with the 31 RETS model, or others that have a similar problem. The bathroom vent stack is located right behind the bathroom vent. The distance from the edge of the vent to the stacks is approx 3 inches and the dealer tells me that isn't enough room to install a MaxxAir vent cover. Have others, not just Palomino 31 RETS owners. Are there any other vent covers on the market that don't require that much clearance?
Thanks again.

Tags
5th wheel