Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #1

Melting lights...?!

Owner of a 308bhs. I've had one of the two bulbs short out thru out the camper here and there, nothing too bad or annoying. The problem, came when one of the two in the bathroom went out. When I went to swap it out, I noticed that where the actual bulb plugs into the connection was melted/disformed. Because of lack of time, I haven't researched the cause, nor have I replaced. But now the other side went out and was also melted. The second one was left on (unintentionally) for about ~13 hours. Even though 13 hours is a while, I wouldn't think that that would be acceptable in the design or configuration of the light fixtures.
Anyone else have this issue or recommend where to get a replacement fixture...? Thank you
lcolbya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #2

Replace bulbs/fixture with LED's problem solved! Youroo!!
Old 07-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #3
Site Team

X2 youroo's suggestion. I've seen several fixtures melt different parts using incandescent lamps.

I've changed all the lamps to LED's in our last two RV's and have forgotten and left a light on for a day or two and no melting. An added plus is the low drain on the battery.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #4

Yea, LEDs would be great! That's why I was asking if anyone recommended where to acquire replacement fixtures....
lcolbya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
Site Team

There is a thread about LED replacements that has some excellent suggestions. You can get some ideas of where people got theirs from.

Here the thread: LED Light Bulb - sources and recommendations

Tags
light