Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #1

Missing FW storage on 2016 272BHS VIBE

Has anyone else noticed that their VIBE is not holding the fresh water that was advertized? This model was supposed to have a 44 gallon FW total capacity. This also includes the hot water heater and lines. I have found mine will only hold a total of 32 gal. That's filling everything, then draining everything. This only provides about 24 usable gallons. There is some shady stuff going on here.
efeisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:24 PM   #2

Check to see if the tank has water left in it I know this is not easy to do I cut a flap access hole in my underbelly just three cuts and pull down the lip using gorilla tape to seal it yo when done if it dose have water in it the drain and pick up tubes are likely placed to high in the tank . Mine were and the dealer fixed it.

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:12 PM   #3

I talked to a Rep at Forest River and found out they are installing 30 gallon tanks in them and they are moving the vent from the top down a little due to interference with the floor. This explains why it starts sucking air at 23 gallons and is completely dry at 25 gallons used. This is a far cry from the implied 37 - 38 gallon usable capacity.

Forest River told me that they are working on a solution but don't have one at this time. If anyone finds that their water capacity is well bellow advertized please call Forest River and log a complaint with the VIBE Ultra Lite division.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #4

follow-up

I found one of the vent fittings cracked on my original fresh water tank. FR did send me a new one under warranty. The replacement has completely different dimensions than the original. The pro to all this is my usable fresh water capacity is up to 36.5 gallons, much better than the 23 from the original tank.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:29 PM   #5

The tank pickup fitting on ours was a few inches up from the bottom of the tank. This left several gallons unusable. I re-plumbed the water intake hose to pull water from the tank drain instead.
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, vibe