Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #1

Multi-function Remote

Hello Everyone, I am fairly new to this forum since I just purchased a V-cross fifth wheel. Mine came with the multi-function remote which can be used to remotely operate the slideouts, awning, and jacks. One thing I can't figure out is, the remote has a light button on it but I don't see it turning on or off any lights on the trailer. I do hear the relay turning on and off when the trailer is very quiet. Any ideas? I know there aren't a lot of people on this forum so if you know of another forum I might post this in let me know!

Thanks!
CDENsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Site Team

Sorry I can't be of more help but if you hear a relay and are sure it's the remote activating it, I'd hunt it down and find out how it's wired. It also could require that the local switch near the light be on or off in ofder to operate. Also have you checked the outside lights while testing it out?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #3

I tried to switch the outside lights on and off and try the remote and see if any lights turn off and on. No Luck.
2011 Ford F250 Lariat Crew Cab Shortbed, 6.7 Powerstroke, 3:55, Custom Spring Pack
2011 V-Cross 275VRLF Fifth Wheel
B&W Companion Hitch
Old 02-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #4

Try manualy turning all your light on in your trailer. Then try the remote and see if any lights go off and on with the remote. It maybe the switch on the light is already turned off andwon't let the light turn on.
Just a thought.
Viper764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #5

Just went out and tried this and no lights went on or off. I saw on another forum that there may be a combination of buttons to turn the lights on or off so if anyone can confirm that would be helpful!
2011 Ford F250 Lariat Crew Cab Shortbed, 6.7 Powerstroke, 3:55, Custom Spring Pack
B&W Companion Hitch
Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #6

Sorry. Mine is not quite that fancy so i can't tell you what it is but you could always call the local dealer even if you didn't buy it there. If all else fails there is an 800 phone number for the forest river rep available elsewhere on the forum and I have heard he is very helpful.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #7

Ahh! I will have to locate his number. I found that the dealer hasn't dealt a lot with the remotes either so they are close to not helpful at least when it comes to the remote and operation. I am really leaning towards the fact that something is wrong since I do hear the relay working.
B&W Companion Hitch
Old 05-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #8

We just got one too the 305v ret fifth wheel.and to my understanding its a light on the remote like a flash light not to turn on any lights...thats what we were tild
Old 05-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #9

Mine has a small LED light on the end of it and it also turns on the porch light.

2008 Dodge 2500 6.7
2011 V-Cross 245VRD
rawlinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #10

Thanks this weekend we will check it out and post what we find out