Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #1

my slides wont work please help

Hi all i have a 2009 Vcross and my slides will not retract.No sound what so ever when i hit the buttons. I have the camper plugged in and battery fully charged. I am getting 12 volts at the motor but it will not move. I sent 12 volts directly to the motor with jumper wires and it works. So far i have only played with the front slide motor but the camper has a belly pan so it can be a pain to search around, any ideas? I have power at the switch and breakers also, please help i show power all the way to the motor so i am baffled everything else works but those
MrVcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

First let me say welcome to the forum.

There are fuses in the wiring that goes to the slide motors under the slide. I would look for them and check them as it is a common issue with those fuses blowing. If you use the search function and do a seach for slide not working you will probably find a number of posts regarding this issue.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #3

Thanks for the ideas why would i have 12 volts through the whole circuit if there were blown fuses? just asking do you think a bad ground could cause this?
MrVcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVcross View Post
Thanks for the ideas why would i have 12 volts through the whole circuit if there were blown fuses? just asking do you think a bad ground could cause this?

If you have 12V to the motor with factory curcuit and the motor will not run, but it will run when wired straight to the battery, It may be a ground issue. Not sure if the motor has a case ground or is grounded out through the circuit or the switch but that is where I would start checking.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Villa Estate 392FLFB

im agreeing with a grounding issue. its a mysterious bugger!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #6

Hello MrVcross, and welcome! Underneath the tongue area, there are inline fuses encased in green plastic covers. Follow the tongue mounted battery box wires underneath the tongue, and you'll see the relatively fat wires- with inline fuses on them, one fuse for each slide. There aren't any fuses for the slide outs in the converter power panel box. They are 30 amp automotive style bayonet fuses. I'll bet that is your problem!! P.S. There are many other hidden fuses on your camper, as well. Most built in appliances have them; AC, Fridge, heater, just to name a few.
Good luck, hope that fixes your unit. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:40 PM   #7

Hello MrV. We have had similar issues twice now. The first time I found a loose ground wire where it hooks to the frame. They fasten them with self tapping screws and I think they use too much torque sometimes. After a few bumpy roads the heads fall off as they they are cracked at installation. The second time I found loose wires at the main connection box under the tounge. If I wiggled them a certain way DW could operate the slide and when I phoned the dealer he said just tighten the nut that holds the wire on and if I broke it they would cover it under warranty. In your case I would suspect a ground wire as the second time for me was a main power wire so I wasn't getting any power. Good luck and I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but we have been a little busy lately and my computer time has been limited. As you can see I'm trying to catch up after everyone else has gone to bed. Old Guys
P.S. While I was under the tongue I applied a liberal coating of a di-electric grease to the electrical connections there as they were already starting to show some signs of corrosion.

Tags
v-cross