Old 09-22-2016, 09:09 PM   #11

Congratulrions and welcome to the forum. We have had our 268rks since March and have had 5 camps, 44 nights. Had a few start up issues, most of which we discussed on this forum, but nothing that required taking back to the dealer. We even camped 5 nights on generator power. We absolutely love our Vibe! Enjoy..

Kennesaw, Georgia
Toolman_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #12

Got it home...

Ok, picked up the Vibe today. Now some questions.

The 2017 models are all white plus decals. We asked about chip protection on the front because of a different thread where this was discussed. On slightly older models there is a band of nubbly black paint on the front; when it chips it shows the white gelcoat beneath it. The salesman called the regional rep, and we listened to the call. He said there was a coating of white paint on the front of the trailer to provide rock protection. This is not the case on our unit, whether he was lying or just mistaken I can't say. Nothing but white shiny gelcoat on ours. So we added a layer of clear stone guard for the bottom 30 inches or so (up to the top of the propane cover) across the entire front. We had to do that before they applied the so-called RV EcoPro magic spray (we'll see if that does anything other than relieve me of some $$). While there made sure the paper work was in place for the 2nd year factory warranty--funny the dealer didn't mention it when he was trying to pry $6k out of us for the full-blown extended warranty.

While we were there we had a vent cover installed over the bathroom fan. Then drove home.

We were concerned that we would not be able to turn the trailer around on our driveway; it sort of weaves between large cedar trees and various buildings. Fortunately it worked out and on the whole the longer trailer is easier to tow than some smaller ones we've had (utility, not RVs).

After a little trouble getting the hitch to let go we got it leveled and stabilized in the drive and will sleep there tonight. We put our 2" foam mattress topper on it on the assumption that the stock mattress is sub-optimal. Interestingly the topper is about 6 inches longer than the mattress--do these come with an odd size queen mattress or am I just nuts?

Before the RV was leveled side to side water was flowing out of a white hose under the slide side of the bottom. I'm guessing this an overflow for the fresh water tank? (The trailer was leaning to the left at the time). The walkthrough didn't mention it. Nor did they mention the other drain below the slide--it appears to be a gray water drain (I'm guessing for the kitchen sink).

During the walkthrough the TV didn't work. They discovered the shore power cord they were using was defective; replacing it got the TV working. Ok, it works. AFter we got home and hooked up to 15a house circuit it didn't work again, nor did the microwave. Again, I'm guessing they need 30a service? I get it for the microwave but not for the TV. Shouldn't it work on the house battery? It's a 12v TV after all. The radio worked fine, which is dandy.

Little disappointed my brand new Rhino sewer hose wouldn't fit in the bumper unless I took the end connector off the hose. Guess I'll do the hollow post hack and attach it beneath the bumper to store the hose. It's in a plastic tub for now.

3 Border Collies
3 chickens a'laying
1 Wife
johnbro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:40 PM   #13

Welcome to the forum from Chagrin Falls, Ohio. Congrats on your new rig.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:52 AM   #14

Our 2017 268rks came with the chip-guard paint on each side of the tank cover up about 3 ft (not on the cover itself). There is a fresh water overflow hose next to the drain hose on the port side next to the axel (ours are blue)... I have read where you may loose some FW out the overflow if you pull with a full tank on hilly roads. The rear gray water discharge is for the inside and outside kitchens (tank 2). I had the same problem with the sewer fitting. The bumper is concaved slightly at the openings so just expand them slightly with a pry-bar and it will fit. I ran mine on 15 amp in my driveway for a short time; however the AC needs 30 and it will trip the 15 amp breaker. Everything else should work on 15 amp, including the microwave I believe. I put in a 30 amp circuit in my garage. TV - ha, see my other post about the wires being backwards on the back of the booster from the factory, common problem. Oh, and yes, the RV Queen is shorter than a standard Queen. We are using the mattress that came as is. So far so good... Spent enough money on ancillaries, lol.. all in all, you will love it!

Kennesaw, Georgia
Old 09-23-2016, 08:01 AM   #15

Oh, check your ground-fault breaker in the bathroom, it controls all the 110 service. The TV and Microwave, and all outlets run on shore-power 110v AC only, not on 12 v DC. Only the lights, fan, slide, jacks, and water pump runs off the batteries. If you got the residential fridge, you also need to understand how the inverter works - hope you did, it is WAY better than those hoakie RV propane temperamental fridges.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Old 09-23-2016, 04:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman_GA View Post
Oh, check your ground-fault breaker in the bathroom, it controls all the 110 service. The TV and Microwave, and all outlets run on shore-power 110v AC only, not on 12 v DC. Only the lights, fan, slide, jacks, and water pump runs off the batteries. If you got the residential fridge, you also need to understand how the inverter works - hope you did, it is WAY better than those hoakie RV propane temperamental fridges.
Thanks, I bet it was the GFCI--I'll check when I get home.

I think we got the crap fridge--the walkthrough tech said it only runs on propane not AC? How can I tell? (answer: RTFM).
3 Border Collies
3 chickens a'laying
1 Wife
Old 09-23-2016, 07:24 PM   #17

Manual probably isn't clear. Here is a pic of ours. There is also a second battery for it with a 1000watt inverter in the forward storage compartment so it will run on batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1474672998049.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	121093  

Kennesaw, Georgia
Old 09-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Manual probably isn't clear. Here is a pic of ours. There is also a second battery for it with a 1000watt inverter in the forward storage compartment so it will run on batteries.
Nope, that's not the one we got. Oh well, live and learn
3 Border Collies
3 chickens a'laying
1 Wife
Old 09-23-2016, 10:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Well we're getting the full new-RV experience.

No shore power. I checked the GFI receptacle in the bathroom, and sure enough one of the wires was loose. But tightening it did nothing; neither the reset or the test switch pops out and there's no power either in the sockets or the wires behind it. I verified I have 120v coming into the shorepower cord, and I checked the cord for continuity and it passed. We have a reservation for tomorrow night at 1000 trails for our first camp but I guess we'll have to call the dealer first thing and see if they can squeeze us in to troubleshoot. Fortunately they are only about 30 minutes away.

[sigh]
3 Border Collies
3 chickens a'laying
1 Wife
Old 09-23-2016, 11:11 PM   #20

Sometimes there's more than 1 GFE receptacle, you might check around for a 2nd/3rd one. For example, could have 1 in kitchen, 1 in bath, even 1 on outside receptacle ( assuming you have one). Good luck!

2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, vibe