Old 09-24-2016, 08:47 AM   #21

It's gonna be awesome and at least you can spend the money you saved on some other mod, like a sound bar and a portable tote tank 😂

Kennesaw, Georgia
Toolman_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:36 PM   #22

Finally got things working and off for first trip to campground.

[IMG][/IMG]

The shore power connector was loose--the dealer was kind enough to let us bring it in Sat morning and fix it so we could get down to the 1000 Trails campground where we had a reservation. Nice night camping and then back home today (Sunday). Interesting story here which I'll save for a different post (people you meet at the campground...).

Question: I wanted to torque the lug nuts, but for the life of me, I couldn't find a 1/2" drive socket that would clear the opening around the 3/4" lug nut. I've busted about 1000000 wheels in my life but never run into this before. Am I missing something? What do you use for a lug wrench on these wheels, let alone a 1/2" drive to torque them to 100 lb-ft?

3 Border Collies
3 chickens a'laying
1 Wife
johnbro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:05 AM   #23

Hello-
My husband and I picked up our new Vibe back in March- and we are brand new to the whole trailer experience as well. We are jumping in with both feet and going full time starting today!! We absolutely love our Vibe 268RKS!! We did have the TV issue- and the wires were crossed as well. No other issues. Loving it!! Congrats on your purchase and happy trails!!

Cyndi
Old 09-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi View Post
Hello-
My husband and I picked up our new Vibe back in March- and we are brand new to the whole trailer experience as well. We are jumping in with both feet and going full time starting today!! We absolutely love our Vibe 268RKS!! We did have the TV issue- and the wires were crossed as well. No other issues. Loving it!! Congrats on your purchase and happy trails!!

Cyndi
Way to go! That sounds pretty awesome. I'm really looking forward especially to next year after the weather gets nice again, but I think some winter excursions are also in line--maybe to the Washington or Oregon coast to watch the big storms.

Enjoy your camper.
3 Border Collies
3 chickens a'laying
1 Wife
Old 09-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #25

Johnbro27, camp looks great! I bought a torque wrench from Home Depot for up to 120 lb so I could also adjust my hitch. I use. 1/2 inch 6 inch extension with a socket and torque wrench with no trouble for the wheels. I also got a little pancake compressor from Wally World with a 110 inverter cig lighter plug-in so I can add air to the tires when needed. It can pump up my rear truck tires from 40 lb to 80 lbs in about 10 minutes each tire. It is a light weight compressor, small,and easy to carry. I think lack of air pressure discipline is the main culprit for so many China Bomb failure stories, And after talking to my Son who was a manager at Discount Tire.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Toolman_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman_GA View Post
Johnbro27, camp looks great! I bought a torque wrench from Home Depot for up to 120 lb so I could also adjust my hitch. I use. 1/2 inch 6 inch extension with a socket and torque wrench with no trouble for the wheels. I also got a little pancake compressor from Wally World with a 110 inverter cig lighter plug-in so I can add air to the tires when needed. It can pump up my rear truck tires from 40 lb to 80 lbs in about 10 minutes each tire. It is a light weight compressor, small,and easy to carry. I think lack of air pressure discipline is the main culprit for so many China Bomb failure stories, And after talking to my Son who was a manager at Discount Tire.
Thanks. Don't know why I had trouble with this before--I found 3 1/2" drive 13/16 deep sockets in my tool box that worked. Good tip about the pressures--a blow out is something I certainly don't want to experience.
3 Border Collies
3 chickens a'laying
1 Wife
Old 01-04-2017, 05:26 PM   #27

Locked out again

We have a 2017 268RKS and have used it three times on short trips (baby steps). Has anyone had any issues with getting locked out? I found out that the dead bolt key must be returned to the upright position before removing otherwise you won't be able to get the key back in the keyhole and will be locked out. Of course nobody told us that when they sold us the trailer. We love the trailer but not surprises like that.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyredino View Post
We have a 2017 268RKS and have used it three times on short trips (baby steps). Has anyone had any issues with getting locked out? I found out that the dead bolt key must be returned to the upright position before removing otherwise you won't be able to get the key back in the keyhole and will be locked out. Of course nobody told us that when they sold us the trailer. We love the trailer but not surprises like that.
The lock is designed to NOT be able to remove key unless in vertical position, so it sounds like your lock is defective from the get-go. Sounds like a warranty fix to me. Enjoy your camper!

3 Border Collies
3 chickens a'laying
1 Wife

Tags
camper, vibe