Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2018, 11:07 AM   #1

New Vibe Owner

Greetings!!

Just wanted to say "hi". Our family just purchased a new, 2019 Vibe 261BHS. While the travel trailer is new, we're not new to camping or the FR forums. We were proud owners of a 2011 Rockwood Roo 233s since 2010. We have had a truly wonderful experience with the Forest River staff and service over the years and we knew we wanted to stay in the FR family. We purchased our Vibe 6-21, loaded our gear at a local campground, and headed off on a week-long trip to Michigan the following day. Yes, it was a bit crazy...but after towing more than 800 miles and driving more than 1,100 miles, our trip was a success. Only a few minor issues that need resolved and we're very pleased with our purchase. I look forward to getting to know other Vibe owners and hearing how things are going with the brand. A search of this forum (and the internet, in general) provided very few details and comments about the 261BHS. When I joined the FRF in 2010, it was oddly similar...not many 233s owners on the forum. Hopefully, there will be more that join and we all continue to help each other out. More pics (and questions) coming soon Happy Camping!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8774.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	177817  

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #2

Congrats on your 2019 Vibe 261BHS! Wishing you many safe and enjoyable trips in it!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:52 PM   #3

Thank you Wiscampsin! We're looking forward to more trips and, of course, mods

2019 Vibe 261BHS
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Old 07-28-2018, 05:36 AM   #4

Sadly, we are having issues with our 2018 Vibe 261 BHS. We purchased it in November of 2017, went on a weekend trip for the long weekend in May and then moved it to a seasonal spot in the lake in June. Shortly thereafter we started to notice a smell under the kitchen sink. I spoke with my dealer who gave us a screw on gadget for under the sink...thought it may be faulty. Nope, nothing under the sink that looks like that so we took it back. We are on a full hook up but HAVE to keep the valves closed or it’s even worse. If we don’t run the water it’s a bit better but if you open the cupboards under the sink or the drawers look out!! Any thoughts?

We also discovered water flowing out of the fresh water tank one day..called the dealer and he had us turn the water off. Through your forum I learned that sometimes the pumps are damaged during manufacturing so I pushed the issue and he sent someone up to replace it. No issues since.

Tired of this smell though!!! Help....
JoyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #5

Congrats on the new Vibe. I just bought (February) the 258RKS. I had a few issues with it in the beginning that I found when doing a full "get to know it" inspection at my house. There was a kinked water line, the belly pan was falling off, the P Trap was on the floor and did not fit.
I fixed it all myself and I know the unit as well as any mechanic and since I can do most repairs myself, i am not worried.
I just put new Goodyear Endurance tires on it for peace-of-mind in travels. Too many horror stories with the Castle Rocks
Bigtee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:31 PM   #6

JoyD,

Sorry you have been having problems I saw your thread with what ended up being the stinky issue...yuck! Hopefully they get your unit cleaned, sanitized and back to you in tip-top shape. Good luck!

2019 Vibe 261BHS
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Old 08-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtee4 View Post
Congrats on the new Vibe. I just bought (February) the 258RKS. I had a few issues with it in the beginning that I found when doing a full "get to know it" inspection at my house. There was a kinked water line, the belly pan was falling off, the P Trap was on the floor and did not fit.
I fixed it all myself and I know the unit as well as any mechanic and since I can do most repairs myself, i am not worried.
I just put new Goodyear Endurance tires on it for peace-of-mind in travels. Too many horror stories with the Castle Rocks
Bigtee4,

We've had a few minor issues on the two trips we've taken...luckily nothing major. I've been trying to just take care of what I can (like the tp holder that ripped out of the wall) but I have to take it in for the under belly lights that were left off from the factory, a possible fresh water tank leak and a couple of other small items. Both of our trips have been 5-7 hrs from home, so I must have some trust in it, right? Lol. I'm hoping the Castle Rocks will treat me right for a while. Keeping them close to max pressure and I also have the TST monitors on them. Happy Camping!

2019 Vibe 261BHS
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Old 08-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #8

Good quality TPMS are a must for all tires! My CRs have traveled from Ohio to soflo and an additional 500 plus miles in hot weather on hot asphalt. So far so good, will replace in a year.
RolltideRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #9

Rbgw controller

I’m needing help locating the rbgw controller on my 2017 vibe. Dealer tried to tell me but can’t seem to find it. Thx.
blu65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:55 PM   #10

We have a 2017 288RLS we got this April. Weekend trips so far to figure it out (our first TT). Going to Myrtle Beach for two weeks soon. We had a few dinky things not worth mentioning. The only big thing we had was a wire pinched between a junction box and the cover under the TT, right up front under the propane tanks, it shorted just as we were backing in from a trip. Never saw so much smoke from a wire, first thought was I’m going to lose the TT and TV all at once. Second thought was maybe I should change my shorts. Lol
Happy camping
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnman View Post
We have a 2017 288RLS we got this April. Weekend trips so far to figure it out (our first TT). Going to Myrtle Beach for two weeks soon. We had a few dinky things not worth mentioning. The only big thing we had was a wire pinched between a junction box and the cover under the TT, right up front under the propane tanks, it shorted just as we were backing in from a trip. Never saw so much smoke from a wire, first thought was I’m going to lose the TT and TV all at once. Second thought was maybe I should change my shorts. Lol
Happy camping
sunnman, I know this post is older but my question is I see you have a Ford F150 pulling your Vibe 288, how does it do for you? make of you hitch? I have a Vibe 28RL same specs as yours and a Silverado 1500 tv, just wanted to compare, thanks for your time
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #12

Hope you enjoy your Vibe as much as we have our 268RKS. Like others we have had only minor issues, some self inflicted. Please keep us posted on the smell. Have you checked the P trap under sink?
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
sunnman, I know this post is older but my question is I see you have a Ford F150 pulling your Vibe 288, how does it do for you? make of you hitch? I have a Vibe 28RL same specs as yours and a Silverado 1500 tv, just wanted to compare, thanks for your time

Madatme- we’ve done a few other trips since then. We are outside of Pittsburgh and to get to Myrtle we had to go through the mountains in WVa. We just got back from Dandridge Tn and had to pull through the smokies. We didn’t set any spend records on the hills and only were really slowed on the steeper hills. We do travel light, don’t carry more than a few gallons of water for toilet, and don’t carry a lot of extras. Next truck I buy in 3 or 4 years i will probably upgrade but not in any hurry. I had a basic Reese hitch and upgraded to a Blue Ox and the difference is unbelievable. Happy trails
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:46 PM   #14

Thanks sunman, Im headed out this weekend for my first trip, didnt like the first hitch fastwayE2 changed to a husky centerline, so we will see how it all does
Wonderful co-pilot
Old 05-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #15

went on my trip 160 miles, some hills, TV did well and it did not wiggle in the rear as before, tt sway was very little even after semi's passed me, except on the way it was really windy and I could tell, return trip was nice and smooth
Wonderful co-pilot
Old 05-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #16

I have an equalizer e2 in a 313bhs, ram 2500 no issues
RolltideRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:51 PM   #17

Hey Buckeyecmpr, I just came across your post and thought I would give a shout out, we also own a 261bhs and are very happy with it. No real problems except minor glitches that were easily fixed but we still can’t find the sensor for the colored lights. Ours is a 2018 and we’ve taken a few trips mainly in the south (TX, AR, OK) we may venture out to New Mexico soon. Just wanted to say hello as you are the only other 261bhs Vibe I’ve seen. Happy Travels
colet581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:28 PM   #18

Hello I have been reading some of these post now for about 6 months off and on. I Just registered today. I am new to this forum and to the Forest River family. I had a Fleetwood pop up for 10 years. I traded it in and bought the Vibe in November of 2018. We took ours out the first weekend. Had several water leaks due to the fittings on the bathroom sink and kitchen sink not being tight. Not a big deal I fixed them myself. While I was fixing the bathroom sink I removed a cover under the cabinet and decided to leave it off. Great place for storing things. We have had a few issues but Love this thing to death and have made a few upgrades that I look forward to sharing. First thing I would recommend is the shelves in the closet need to be reinforced. We put food in there and when we got to our destination one of the staples came out and the shelf was hanging down when we got home I cut little 1 x 2 blocks in triangle and glued and screwed them in the corners for better support. I look forward to making new friends in this forum. Have a great holiday weekend.

Be safe and Happy Camping.
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
Hello I have been reading some of these post now for about 6 months off and on. I Just registered today. I am new to this forum and to the Forest River family. I had a Fleetwood pop up for 10 years. I traded it in and bought the Vibe in November of 2018. We took ours out the first weekend. Had several water leaks due to the fittings on the bathroom sink and kitchen sink not being tight. Not a big deal I fixed them myself. While I was fixing the bathroom sink I removed a cover under the cabinet and decided to leave it off. Great place for storing things. We have had a few issues but Love this thing to death and have made a few upgrades that I look forward to sharing. First thing I would recommend is the shelves in the closet need to be reinforced. We put food in there and when we got to our destination one of the staples came out and the shelf was hanging down when we got home I cut little 1 x 2 blocks in triangle and glued and screwed them in the corners for better support. I look forward to making new friends in this forum. Have a great holiday weekend.
thats too funny as I also had had sink/ toilet leaks in ours also, it was a quick fix also, i guess that maybe trainee plumbers at fault
Wonderful co-pilot

Tags
vibe