Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2016, 12:22 AM   #1

No A/C vent in bathroom

I have a 2016 308BHS, was wondering is there should be an A/C vent in bathroom? It gets so hot in it and it's not even peak summer temps yet. Right now I'm setting a stand fan outside the doorway to get cool air in. But when the door is shut it's hard to stay in and get business done.
Bdcclc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdcclc05 View Post
I have a 2016 308BHS, was wondering is there should be an A/C vent in bathroom? It gets so hot in it and it's not even peak summer temps yet. Right now I'm setting a stand fan outside the doorway to get cool air in. But when the door is shut it's hard to stay in and get business done.
I do not have a heat vent or A/C vent in mine either. But with the 3" cut under the door and turning the exhaust fan on high it will help for A/C but not for heat, I put a small heater in the doorway to warm the bathroom, I was also surprised why they never put one in. To add a heat vent wouldn't be a problem you can always put a toe kick vent under the sink area, but there is no way to put A/C in. The so called A/C ducts are just 4" bored tunnels through the styrofoam that's why you will always have the white little chunks now and then that come out. I still get them and my trailer is 4 years old...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I do not have a heat vent or A/C vent in mine either. But with the 3" cut under the door and turning the exhaust fan on high it will help for A/C but not for heat, I put a small heater in the doorway to warm the bathroom, I was also surprised why they never put one in. To add a heat vent wouldn't be a problem you can always put a toe kick vent under the sink area, but there is no way to put A/C in. The so called A/C ducts are just 4" bored tunnels through the styrofoam that's why you will always have the white little chunks now and then that come out. I still get them and my trailer is 4 years old...
Witch Dr., do you think a person could Bore a Hole in the ceiling for a A/C vent for the Bath? Youroo!!
Old 06-04-2016, 05:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Witch Dr., do you think a person could Bore a Hole in the ceiling for a A/C vent for the Bath? Youroo!!
Only if you know where that channel is located. Lets say that you measure the distance from the wall to the center of each vent and they line up then yes it could be done. I have 6 ceiling vents that look like they are all in a row, but never measured them. Then measure the wall in the bathroom and see where it passes. I would think then a 4" whole saw would all it take. But remember if you miss you have a 4" whole in the ceiling but you could always patch that with a false register. Youroo the old saying measure twice and cut once...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Only if you know where that channel is located. Lets say that you measure the distance from the wall to the center of each vent and they line up then yes it could be done. I have 6 ceiling vents that look like they are all in a row, but never measured them. Then measure the wall in the bathroom and see where it passes. I would think then a 4" whole saw would all it take. But remember if you miss you have a 4" whole in the ceiling but you could always patch that with a false register. Youroo the old saying measure twice and cut once...
Looks like a Good plan! There have been several post lately about "Roof/Attic Vents" where members have removed the covers to find that the Covers were just placed there to "Cover a Hole that was Mis Drilled"! Youroo!!
Old 06-04-2016, 07:59 AM   #6

It might be that they did not install an AC vent to prevent folks from feeling the cold blast of air on their wet bodies when that got out of the shower. When I did HVAC install we were always very careful in the bathroom not to point vents toward showers or tubs. I have heat but no AC in my TT also have the door cut to allow airflow
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #7

we have a heat register but no A/C we do have the vent doors (top and bottom are shorter than the frame to allow ventalization. we just turn the fan on and it draws the air thru. but somethin you could do, is get a grill and cut thru your door and install a grill in the door (down low) . to allow air thru there whether anyone is in their or not. I am thinking a grill that is usually for a air return in homes
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #8
Mod free 5er

We have 2 AC vents in the bedroom and they both line up with the AC vents in the living room, so it stands to reason that the tunnel from the AC unit is a straight shot thru the bathroom into the bedroom. Wouldn't bother me to measure from the wall and cut a hole for a circular vent similar to the others.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #9

Do you have ducted air? If you do the ducts run in a straight line from each side of the air conditioner. One side runs forward and the other runs rearward. If your bathroom is mid coach one of the ducts could be running over the bath. Look at your ceiling vents and line them up front to rear , if you have ducts in front of the bath and to the rear of the bath inline over the room you can get an air duct preferably one that can be shut down to control air flow, and bore a hole the size needed. Bore the hole or use a razor knife to cut a hole. Be sure and duct tape between the duct and ceiling panel.
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsdaletc View Post
Do you have ducted air? If you do the ducts run in a straight line from each side of the air conditioner. One side runs forward and the other runs rearward...
In our Flagstaff, both run from the rear of the coach forward no returns.
I would use one like this so you don't have to worry about duct taping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Round-AC-Cei...3D161329536310

We can turn one of the bedroom vents and aim it into the bathroom also.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #11

Our last two trailers had ducted air but no vents in the bathrooms either. The current one has an overhead vent with a fantastic fan which really helps.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #12
RetiredRVer

We have an A/C vent in our bathroom, (Heritage Glen TT) and it's the coldest place in the unit! Wish there was a way to close it down a little bit....
2017 Coachman Chaparral 336TSIK Fifth Wheel
2018 AT 18 Alaska group
checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate99 View Post
We have an A/C vent in our bathroom, (Heritage Glen TT) and it's the coldest place in the unit! Wish there was a way to close it down a little bit....
You might try the duct tape adjuster!
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #14
RetiredRVer

I tried that SeaDog, but the wife thought it looked horrible!
2017 Coachman Chaparral 336TSIK Fifth Wheel
2018 AT 18 Alaska group
checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #15
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We can turn one of the bedroom vents and aim it into the bathroom also.
X2
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:26 PM   #16
Working On Being Retired

I just swapped out the factory vent with adjusted ones I got off e-bay that close.
Juschilln is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, vent