Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #1

No heat to bedroom

I have 2014 V_cross Vibe. Tried sleeping in it with heater on last night for first time. I get heat flow in bathroom and living room, but absolutely no air flow, hot or cold, from bedroom register. Anyone else. I'll call dealer today.

Thanks
hiker108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #2

I have the same problem, got to looking it over yesterday and found a ducting hose (looks like vacuum cleaner hose) that is crushed to near closed by a badly installed wire tie.
I will chat with the dealer when we get back home.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #3

Did you access the ducting from underneath or in the heater "closet.?"

thanks,
Old 06-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker108 View Post
Did you access the ducting from underneath or in the heater "closet.?"

thanks,
On mine I pulled an access panel in the basement.
Look where the heat register is, the problem may be below it.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #5

No heat in my bedroom either. I just figured it was because we been married almost 40 years. ROFL!!!!!!! (Sorry, could not refrain from the comment.)
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
No heat in my bedroom either. I just figured it was because we been married almost 40 years. ROFL!!!!!!! (Sorry, could not refrain from the comment.)
Old 06-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post

Still chuckling. Figured if I did not say it someone else would.
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Still chuckling. Figured if I did not say it someone else would.
I have done that once or twice....
Old 06-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #9

Horrible heat ducting

To investigate my no-heat in the bedroom problem, I ended up removing the heater and cutting access flaps in the underbelly. What I discovered was that there were two 4" flexible ducts routed from the heater to the main room and bedroom around the huge water tanks. There is only room for one duct past the water tank to the heater, due to terribly placed gas lines, etc. The ducts where 20 ft lengths that, of course, were not expanded and shortened to allow efficient air flow. The factory had forced two of the ducts throw the narrow passage past the tank, where someone had drilled a support screw through the side and right into the ducting. The ducting to the bedroom had been crushed and severed !!! To redo the ducting I had to remove half of the cardboard underbelly. I retained one duct running back from the heater, past the water tank. Once past the water tank, I installed a "Y" section and connected one leg of ducting straight up to the main room and the other leg on back to the bedroom. I expanded the ducting and removed excess. Today I'll reinstall the heater and test the system and then reinstall the underbelly, including reinstalling the gas line! I doubt if warranty service would have gone through such lengths to do it right.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #10

Quote:
To investigate my no-heat in the bedroom problem, I ended up removing the heater and cutting access flaps in the underbelly. What I discovered was that there were two 4" flexible ducts routed from the heater to the main room and bedroom around the huge water tanks. There is only room for one duct past the water tank to the heater, due to terribly placed gas lines, etc. The ducts where 20 ft lengths that, of course, were not expanded and shortened to allow efficient air flow. The factory had forced two of the ducts throw the narrow passage past the tank, where someone had drilled a support screw through the side and right into the ducting. The ducting to the bedroom had been crushed and severed !!! To redo the ducting I had to remove half of the cardboard underbelly. I retained one duct running back from the heater, past the water tank. Once past the water tank, I installed a "Y" section and connected one leg of ducting straight up to the main room and the other leg on back to the bedroom. I expanded the ducting and removed excess. Today I'll reinstall the heater and test the system and then reinstall the underbelly, including reinstalling the gas line!
Dang!

Quote:
I doubt if warranty service would have gone through such lengths to do it right.
I doubt it as well far to much time tied up in this repair.

Did you take pictures?
If so send a few of them to the factory head office.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #11
Site Team - Lou

In our Flagstaff there is no bedroom register at all (there is one in the "hall" and one in the bathroom).

It was not until we had guests and closed the hall curtain "door" and the pocket door did we realize the shortcoming. So we added an eHeat electric wall heater.

Wall Mounted Electric Heating | Best Electric Heaters Energy Efficient | Envi High-Efficiency Whole Room Electric Panel Heater
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10 July 2011 046.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	54940  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
Mod free 5er

Our 8528 RKWS had no heat in the bathroom and the elbows, etc in the bedroom stuck down in the basement. I used metal flashing and closed off between the 2 rafters and moved the elbows, etc over to the side for the bedroom. Closed off between 2 more rafters and moved the heat duct from the basement to that closed off section and cut a hole in the bathroom floor for a register. Also cut a round hole in the flashing with a moveable cover to allow some heat back into the basement. Made a big difference.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #13
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Our 8528 RKWS had no heat in the bathroom and the elbows, etc in the bedroom stuck down in the basement. I used metal flashing and closed off between the 2 rafters and moved the elbows, etc over to the side for the bedroom. Closed off between 2 more rafters and moved the heat duct from the basement to that closed off section and cut a hole in the bathroom floor for a register. Also cut a round hole in the flashing with a moveable cover to allow some heat back into the basement. Made a big difference.
DARN! OC, another project. Great idea though if we ever boondock again.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #14

No heat in bedroom

Quote:
To investigate my no-heat in the bedroom problem, I ended up removing the heater and cutting access flaps in the underbelly. What I discovered was that there were two 4" flexible ducts routed from the heater to the main room and bedroom around the huge water tanks. There is only room for one duct past the water tank to the heater, due to terribly placed gas lines, etc. The ducts where 20 ft lengths that, of course, were not expanded and shortened to allow efficient air flow. The factory had forced two of the ducts throw the narrow passage past the tank, where someone had drilled a support screw through the side and right into the ducting. The ducting to the bedroom had been crushed and severed !!! To redo the ducting I had to remove half of the cardboard underbelly. I retained one duct running back from the heater, past the water tank. Once past the water tank, I installed a "Y" section and connected one leg of ducting straight up to the main room and the other leg on back to the bedroom. I expanded the ducting and removed excess. Today I'll reinstall the heater and test the system and then reinstall the underbelly, including reinstalling the gas line! I doubt if warranty service would have gone through such lengths to do it right.
We are experiencing similar lack of heat to bedroom on our 2012 Flagstaff V-Lite 30FWKSS, purchased used this year. Supposedly ours is insulated and cutting into the underbelly doesn't sound like something we want to tackle on our own. Was there a reason you didn't take it back to the dealer? And how did it work out for you?
blue river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #15

No heat

We purchased our camper in Iowa. We live in Colorado, so no practical return to dealer. I am handyman no didn't mind fixing. I re-ducted the heating and have some heat to main room and BR now, but not enough to avoid needing a space heater to supplement. I think the BR and Main room ducts are just too far from the heater. I am going to look into ducting to main room closer to heater. If you have no heat at all, I would suspect that factory sliced and diced ducting. It will be major operation to repair.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #16

Heat is only coming out near heater, not at all on by fridge or in bathroom (the only 3 places it's ducted to) I have a 2009 Flagstaff Shamrock 21ss. I can see the ducting coming from the heater under the sink, but have not removed any panels yet to dig any deeper.

Any ideas?
Uncle Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #17

Bump. Looking for any help with this?
Uncle Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #18

If you can a panel or two open at the heater, you may be able to verify that the ductwork is actually attached to the furnace. Sometimes they come lose
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #19

Quote:
I hope which ever partner made the comment the other didn't read it.....Funny...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #20

If you have no heat, as I did, good guess is that the ducting is either disconnected or torn. I have a particularly tight area where manufacturer had to squeeze ducting through under and near heater to get past water tanks mounted beneath. An installer apparently drove a large screw through there, so the ducting tore apart when pushed through. The floor of my Vibe is approx 2.5 in thick styrofoam with a 1 foot space below and then covered on the bottom with a huge cardboard piece. I had to cut a flap into the cardboard to find the tear in the ducting. Then I dropped just about the whole cardboard to redo the ducting. You could start by undoing covers and disconnecting ducting and sliding the heater out to inspect ducting.

Tags
bed, roo