We love the layout of our VIBE 6504 but wanted to maximize space.
(especially to accomodate a family of 4 !!!!)
I thought I would post some pics of our mods.
1. The range hood on our unit extended too far into kitchen (kept bumping my head on it when I was standing up after accessing lower cabinets). There is room to move the range hood towards the exterior wall of the trailer. Now I don't bump my head.
2. The 6504 had a wardrobe compartment by the master bed. (bit of a waste of space as we don't hang clothes when we go camping). Installed some shelves in that space.
3. Installed small shelves over window valances on either side of master bed.
4. Removed TV from front wall (we don't watch TV when we camp), in favor of additional kitchen shelving. All the shelving is on removable brackets for stow away when travelling.
5. Installed a kitchen counter extension next to exit door and purchased an 8 inch deep IKEA cabinet to install under the extension.
6. The dinette cramped the kitchen area (could barely walk by it when someone was working in the kitchen. We removed the heavy table top and installed a small marine table. This dramatically increased floor space. For the most part we eat outside within the patio room extension. We bring along a TV table for the odd time additional table space is needed inside.
7. We usually camp at sites equipped with showers, so we decided to use our shower area for addtional drawer space. Forgot to take a photo of that
. I just placed a small piece of plywood across shower floor to support 2 tiers of rubbermaid 3 drawer units. I stack them 2 units high for a total of 12 drawers. - Unstack them for travel.