Old 05-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmlc View Post
Editor12. I would Ck the seems along the roof line. Mine had separated above the awning and I did not know it until it was too late and started to separate the panel!
I too had that problem. The seams above the awning started separating and I had to send it back to the factory. They had put the wrong trim on it and it was letting water get behind the wall. The factory replaced the trim with wider trim.

Tim

Old 05-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #12

The new trim could you post the width, ours is a 2012 and it looks like it has the narrow trim by the pictures posted on the internet comparing to newer campers and ours. But as far as I can see it is not a problem and it's something I will check often. Thank you, for the information.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:33 PM   #13

The trouble with the old trim was that it did not cover the top of the side wall. The new trim that they installed comes down over the top of the side wall. There is no gap now for water to get in. I have an early model 6507 Vibe. I am also going to replace the axle with one that handles more weight. I have a 3500 lb. one on there now. I was looking at the add a room tents that hook up to the awning but they are way to much money for what you get so I am thinking about making my own out of the same material that you use for the big commercial tents. You don't sew this material you heat seal it. I am pricing it out right now. Best laid plans. LOL
Old 05-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #14

Vibe mods

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	76321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
Flower;
If you get time, I would be interested in seeing pictures of your mods. Always interested in ways to improve the function of this neat little jewel of a TT.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #15

Vibe 6503 mods

Here are some more photosClick image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	76322

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	76323

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	76324

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	76325
Old 07-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #16

True Confessions. Our previously reported leak in the lower slideout of our newly delivered Vibe 6502 was operator error. We did not realize the 15 degree slope in our driveway poured rain during (too frequent) downpours, into the juncture of the windshield wiper-like rubber seals at the lower left levels.. Corrected front-to-rear level, problem solved. Not a further drop. Neither dealer tech at Leisure Days Truro NS Canada (sorry Richard) nor Forest River tech (you know who you are!) flagged this.
Sometimes the solution is obvious. It's Just hard to find it.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:49 AM   #17

Vibe 6502 Slide Reset

I found the reset for the Slide in my 2015 Vibe 6502. it's in the battery compartment above the hot water heater. You need to push in the button 6 times, hold down on the 7th until light flashes. Then use slide control to retract it.
When I took out the storage compartment partition, I could see it. Be pretty hard to access it through the small battery door.
Seems like they positioned it in different places on the different models.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #18

I have a 2013 V6502 I haven't had any trouble out yet and I hope I don't any time soon. this past weekend I was trying to mount my spare tire under the nose of the camper but the bolts were about 2 inches short so im have a buddy weld 6inch bolts on so I wope that works. then in my storage area I can put a little more weight in to even the camper out. has anyone found any extra storage ideas in their 6502?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #19

We've placed the spare tire and a couple of other weighty items during travel over the wheelbase, which the experts say is the best placement of movable weight. It's a bit inconvenient for unpacking/packing, but saves the Vibe from unnecessary jarring and rough ride. After all, we Vive 6502'ers only 16' to even out weight.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:58 AM   #20

weight distr for travel

We do the same thing, put the heaviest items over the axle for travel. Being a single axle trailer, that's the best way to reduce the tongue bobbing up and down.

Tags
vibe