Old 06-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #1

RGBW LED Controller

This is a very insignificant item, but the RGBW LED Controller appears to have absolutely no effect on the LED strip installed under the awning on my 2017 268RBK VIBE. The LED strip and the wired Controller were factory installed.

I have attempted to "sync" the hand-held controller to the light strip controller by removing power from both simultaneously, waiting 30 seconds, and reapplying power to both simultaneously. This has been done both with power applied to the LED strip and with power removed. The LED strip will turn on/off with the switch located at the master controller panel.

Can anyone provide any other suggestions?

Chuck Sr

Old 06-12-2016, 08:12 AM   #2

If u look right on the side of the radio u will c a small round black dot that is the receiver and u have to b n direct line sight for it to work. You can open the front window behind the recliner and it works well that way also. Once again as u go n the door look up at the shelf where the radio is and u will c the small round black dot. Hope this helps my in-laws just purchased a 268rks and we had to troubleshoot the remote working.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #3

RGBW LED Controller

Sorry just reread my post we came to the understanding that the remote only works being pointed straight at the receiver inside r out just as long as there is nothing obstructing (like window shade, solid door) line of sight
Old 06-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #4

I was unable to find the dot inside my unit. My brother-in-law has a FR Salem, with the same RGBW Controller setup. He showed me the two photocells on the right end of the LED strip as you face the unit. The controller must be pointed at these photocells in order to control the LED strip.

So much for continuity in manufacturing!!
Old 06-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #5

Well I'm glad you found it. I made the assumption that they would put them n the same place lol. Silly me!!!
Old 06-25-2016, 08:16 PM   #6

Mine is in the control panel for the lights.
I have to point at that, not at the lights themselves.. and now when I turn on or off the TV, it turns the lights on and off.. and different t tv remote functions changes the awning light functions.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:55 PM   #7

Ours is also outside at the end of the strip. I have also found the system takes several seconds of holding a button down to respond to the remote.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #8

Remote to LED color strip under awning is not working.

Our first remote did not work and had a rattling sound to it when shaken. When we removed the battery cover six tiny screws fell out. So my dealer gave me a new one but it still is not working. From this forum I see that the remote must be pointed directly at the sensor to work. I cannot find where this sensor is in my 2017 TBUD Salem. Does anyone know where it is?
Old 04-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #9

Thanks you guys for posting this. I had problem with my controller working the LED's on light strip. I figured it out. I know this post is about a year old, margepugh, the sensor is on right side of awning. White wire with a black tip. The black tip is the sensor. At least that's where it is on my 2017 Wildwood 261bhxl.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170430_155726603_HDR.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	136381
Old 07-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #10

Rgbw

Question, I too have the same problem ( controller has no effect) I notice somebody mentioned syncing, is this necessary? Also I tried everything thing else mentioned here and no luck( batt is good), thanks Eric

Tags
controller, led