Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #1

RGBW LED Controller

This is a very insignificant item, but the RGBW LED Controller appears to have absolutely no effect on the LED strip installed under the awning on my 2017 268RBK VIBE. The LED strip and the wired Controller were factory installed.

I have attempted to "sync" the hand-held controller to the light strip controller by removing power from both simultaneously, waiting 30 seconds, and reapplying power to both simultaneously. This has been done both with power applied to the LED strip and with power removed. The LED strip will turn on/off with the switch located at the master controller panel.

Can anyone provide any other suggestions?

Chuck Sr
Chuck Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:12 AM   #2

If u look right on the side of the radio u will c a small round black dot that is the receiver and u have to b n direct line sight for it to work. You can open the front window behind the recliner and it works well that way also. Once again as u go n the door look up at the shelf where the radio is and u will c the small round black dot. Hope this helps my in-laws just purchased a 268rks and we had to troubleshoot the remote working.
Bdcclc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #3

RGBW LED Controller

Sorry just reread my post we came to the understanding that the remote only works being pointed straight at the receiver inside r out just as long as there is nothing obstructing (like window shade, solid door) line of sight
Old 06-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #4

I was unable to find the dot inside my unit. My brother-in-law has a FR Salem, with the same RGBW Controller setup. He showed me the two photocells on the right end of the LED strip as you face the unit. The controller must be pointed at these photocells in order to control the LED strip.

So much for continuity in manufacturing!!
Chuck Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:26 AM   #5

Well I'm glad you found it. I made the assumption that they would put them n the same place lol. Silly me!!!
Old 06-25-2016, 07:16 PM   #6

Mine is in the control panel for the lights.
I have to point at that, not at the lights themselves.. and now when I turn on or off the TV, it turns the lights on and off.. and different t tv remote functions changes the awning light functions.
southpaw821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #7

Ours is also outside at the end of the strip. I have also found the system takes several seconds of holding a button down to respond to the remote.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:38 PM   #8

Remote to LED color strip under awning is not working.

Our first remote did not work and had a rattling sound to it when shaken. When we removed the battery cover six tiny screws fell out. So my dealer gave me a new one but it still is not working. From this forum I see that the remote must be pointed directly at the sensor to work. I cannot find where this sensor is in my 2017 TBUD Salem. Does anyone know where it is?
margepugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:04 PM   #9

Thanks you guys for posting this. I had problem with my controller working the LED's on light strip. I figured it out. I know this post is about a year old, margepugh, the sensor is on right side of awning. White wire with a black tip. The black tip is the sensor. At least that's where it is on my 2017 Wildwood 261bhxl.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170430_155726603_HDR.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	136381
Old 07-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #10

Rgbw

Question, I too have the same problem ( controller has no effect) I notice somebody mentioned syncing, is this necessary? Also I tried everything thing else mentioned here and no luck( batt is good), thanks Eric
eric248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #11

Don't know about syncing, I think my dealer did that for me. Here is some instructions someone from another group posted. Hope it helps.

Ok finally got the LED lights in my awning figured out.

1. Make sure the switch marked "lights" next to the switch also marked "lights" on the inside control panel is on. You can figure out which is which. One will turn on an inside light, the other won't. Just make sure the switch on the light is turned on or neither switch will appear to be working.

2. Locate the infrared sensor. It looks like a loose wire near the awning track.

3. Don't fret that it is a loose wire, unless you forget 2.

4. Point the multi-color remote at the loose wire errr sensor.

5. Push the top "on" button for color lights only. Push the bottom "on" button for white lights only. WARNING: White only LEDs are bright. Push both "on" buttons if you want both sets of lights.

6. Leave the bottom disco buttons alone. This ain't the 80's but it is cool to watch them once or twice per setting.

7. Reverse process to turn them off.

8. Ignore the manual. It doesn't tell any of the above.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #12

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170710_131715.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	144296
Old 07-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #13

Thank you
eric248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric248 View Post
Thank you
You're welcome.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw821 View Post
Mine is in the control panel for the lights.
I have to point at that, not at the lights themselves.. and now when I turn on or off the TV, it turns the lights on and off.. and different t tv remote functions changes the awning light functions.

Yep! I've had the same problem. Tv remote will mess with the awning lights. Very aggravating!
LA_RV_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_RV_GUY View Post
Yep! I've had the same problem. Tv remote will mess with the awning lights. Very aggravating!
So... FR has updated the control module so that it operates on a different frequency than the TV.. I have the new module so all good now.
southpaw821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:18 PM   #17

Same problem here on a 2018 wildwood 30qbss. Controller will run stabilizers, awning, basically everything but the LED lights. I've tried holding the light button for 10 seconds or more. Nothing.
Cweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #18

Just reread the thread and realized I was using the wrong remote. But I still couldn't get the rgb controller to turn the LED strip on either. Changed the batteries, nothing..
Old 07-23-2017, 01:41 PM   #19

My problem

Well I figured out my problem for anyone else's reference. On the inside of the camper exactly opposite of where the little photoeye is. There is an electrical cover. I opened up the cover, and pulled the wires out. Inside there was an individual fuse block with a 3amp fuse. The fuse was blown.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw821 View Post
So... FR has updated the control module so that it operates on a different frequency than the TV.. I have the new module so all good now.
Where did you find the new fr module?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
Same problem here on a 2018 wildwood 30qbss. Controller will run stabilizers, awning, basically everything but the LED lights. I've tried holding the light button for 10 seconds or more. Nothing.
abngoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, led