Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2016, 02:24 PM   #1

Roof Problem????

I'm not sure if I have a problem or not. My Vibe 315 BHK has places on the roof where you can see the plywood sheathing sticking up under the rubber along the sides and where it is seamed at the rafters. I can push down in these areas and there is vertical movement of 1/8 to perhaps 3/8 of an inch. There are multiple places where this occurs, some of them as long as 2 1/2 feet along the edges of the trailer, 6 to 8 inches on the rafters. I tried to take pictures but in the bright sunlight they don't show much. I contacted my dealer and they will look at it, but i wanted to ask the opinions of forums members before I take it to them. I hope I have explained it well enough. I may try again to take pictures in the evening if not.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:11 AM   #2

I have the same issue but not as severe yet I am seeing staples as well pushing up also

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #3

roof problems also

I have the same problems along the edges of my 2016 Vibe 224RL. Its like the plywood is not attached to the trailer structure at all. I have just about had it with these RV's.
porkchopjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #4

I've just taken the camper to the dealer for this and some other warranty repairs. The dealer is making statements like, that's just the way Vibes are built. Has anyone else taken theirs to the dealer for roof issues like this and if so what were the results?
Old 01-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #5

The dealer told me it was not a problem. If it starting raising up a lot to bring it back in and they would fix it. But the fix sometimes causes more damage than good when you break the factory seals. Overall the vibe is an average trailer with a few problems. Sure not the best or worst.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:57 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply. I'm anxious to hear what my dealer says. I'll post when I hear from them.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexel View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm anxious to hear what my dealer says. I'll post when I hear from them.
Well the dealer has been trying to fix the problem. The unit has been at the dealer three days short of two months. They have messed up the roof and haven't been able to fix a slide problem. I called Judd at Vibe and he has been great. They are going to have the trailer transported to the factory and repaired. When it is done it will be returned to my home, no cost to me. I can say nothing but good things about Judd, he is very knowledgeable about the product and has been patient and answered all my questions to the best of his ability. I suggest that anyone with a Vibe Extreme light that is having any warranty problems that are not being taken care of to contact Judd.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #8

Follow up on roof problems

Zexel can you send me Judd phone # where I can speak with him? Thanks for posting the info.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopjack View Post
Zexel can you send me Judd phone # where I can speak with him? Thanks for posting the info.
Judd's # is 574-296-2084 ext 105 It is listed in the Forest River contact list for Vibe Extreme Lite.

Tags
roo, roof