Old 06-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
slide out drags

We've recently purchased a Vibe and love it! However, whenever we slide in/out the extension the wood "skirting" drags on the floor. Have any of you had this problem and, if so, what was your solution? This is a very thin piece of wood and I'm concerned about damaging it if I attempt to cut off some excess. I've used a level and everything seems perfect so I'm at a loss as to what's causing this. Thanks for any input.

pmcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
I do not have a vibe so I can't help very much but the best answer I can give is if you are going to the Goshen rally in August let them look after it. After last year and after talking to Bob Byrne at the Niagara rally this week I'm pretty sure they will take care of you. Old Guys

new avatar of Dodge T V coming eventually
old guys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
The floor of our superslide has sagged to the point where it might start dragging soon. These slides are made so cheaply it is ridiculous. I can see the slide box flexing and changing shape as I move it in or out. One day it will no doubt fall apart completely!

In the meantime, I made some shims to go underneath the floor lip when the slide is retracted. At least during travel it will not be flexing up and down any more. And hopefully that may also stop it from sagging to the point of ripping out the flooring.

But if yours is not sagging, I have heard of others whose slides were so poorly adjusted that they was dragging on the floor right from new, and tore their linoleum. Maybe an adjustment might fix yours?
Good luck.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
We have a Vibe 6502 with the slide out kitchen. It seems to drag slightly as we put the slide out (no problem when retracting). We also had a problem with the slide rubbing the ceiling but the dealer fixed that. The bottom wood is decorative and flimsy so I'm reluctant to cut on it. You mat want to check with the dealer. Hope you get it resolved. So far we really like our Vibe too, though I wish we could have gotten a slightly bigger model (limited by our tow vehicle).
Rob & Julie with Sadie the Shih-tzu
2014 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s
2013 Dodge Durango 5.7L AWD

RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
I'm Mrs. pmcphoto - the problem is we purchased it "used" as the previous owner couldn't pull it with his vehicle so just kept it for about a year and then resold it. They never used it! Therefore, it's also out of warranty. Currently, we unscrew the panel (rather than have it pull out from the stress) and reattach it once we're set up. We'll try the shim idea, but hope to find a more permanent solution.
Jackie, Paul & Zyriah
Wybdgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
I thought I'd update the status on our problem. I contacted Forest River directly and they've directed us to a local deal who can make an adjust ment to the slide out, though I'm not sure what that is. We're taking it out this weekend, but will take it to the dealer next Monday. Hopefully, this will take care of our problem. I'll post if there are any other related issues.

Jackie, Paul & Zyriah
Wybdgrl is offline   Reply With Quote