Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2019, 07:24 AM   #1

Speaker issue

I have a 268rks Vibe and my outdoor speakers are not working....LED lights work fine but no sound. Anybody got any troubleshooting tips?
Michaels RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #2

With my 2018 Cherokee, I have a button on the Stereo that I push to turn the outside zone on or off. Could check that if you haven't done so already. Actually it's two buttons...one for inside and one for outside.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
With my 2018 Cherokee, I have a button on the Stereo that I push to turn the outside zone on or off. Could check that if you haven't done so already. Actually it's two buttons...one for inside and one for outside.
Yes I tried that.....I have an A,B, and C option. A and B work fine inside but C is not working for the outside speakers? I guess it might be the radio since both outdoor speakers don't work? If it was just one outdoor speaker I would assume it would be isolated to that particular speaker but it's both so I think it might be something up with the radio? Thank you for your reply/help
Old 02-27-2019, 08:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaels RV View Post
Yes I tried that.....I have an A,B, and C option. A and B work fine inside but C is not working for the outside speakers? I guess it might be the radio since both outdoor speakers don't work? If it was just one outdoor speaker I would assume it would be isolated to that particular speaker but it's both so I think it might be something up with the radio? Thank you for your reply/help
How difficult is it to remove stereo ? I had to remove mine when we first got it as the plug in's for TV and DVD were all messed up and plugged into the wrong plugs. Pull it out and see if anything disconnected.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:43 AM   #5

I have the same model. I struggled with mine to turn the outside speakers off. Had to have daughter come in and mess with mine until we could mute both speakers. It is painful. Had to do this as I am hard of hearing and didnt want to encroach on neighbors. Sorry I cant be more helpful.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #6
Trailer Park Supervisor

At least they didn't wire the outside speaker (one) to one channel, and the inside speakers (2) to the other channel like they did in my unit, requiring you to use the balance control to changer speaker output! Changing out the head unit this Spring to one with zone control. Haven't even used the trailer yet.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #7

Looks pretty hard to remove the radio.......probably have to call a tech and see what the trick is to removing...............had another tip to try to mess with the balancing of the speakers and see if that is the problem?
Old 02-27-2019, 10:39 AM   #8

Thanks for the advise and I will mess with the balance when I get home and see if that is the issue......thanks again
Old 02-27-2019, 11:07 PM   #9

Usually you these radios have a face plate that just pops off, giving you access to the mounting screws. If you're unsure, please share a pic and someone here with a similar model will likely let you know for sure.

Good luck.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:04 AM   #10

If you have an iRV unit, try this:

With radio on in normal mode you can turn any zone on/off with a quick push of any zone (1, 2 or 3)
To change source for zone 3:
Push and hold zone 3 button until the display reads Z3 followed by the current source that zone is playing, such as Radio/DVD/BT. Then push the mode button to change the source that is on zone 3. Now the volume knob is controlling on the source of zone 3 playback.
To control the volume on zone 1 and 2: Press and hold zone 1 for two seconds and now the volume knob is controlling zone 1 and 2 and all other operations are back to normal.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip12 View Post
Usually you these radios have a face plate that just pops off, giving you access to the mounting screws. If you're unsure, please share a pic and someone here with a similar model will likely let you know for sure.

Good luck.
Yes, I was looking at how to remove the cover, but the fact that it is plastic worries me....not very good with screw drivers and plastic....I'll probably do more damage than good!!! Thank you for your reply and I'll let you know what happens!! Thanks again