Old 10-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
Table problems ..

Hey gang .. so I put the short poles in to support the table when we used it as a bed. Today, when prepping for another trip, I could not pull the table up. No matter what. So I actually had to get my car jack and piece of wood and very gently pop up each side.

When I did that, I then had to remove all screws from the bases under the table and slide the poles out, as they still would not come out. The side of the poles in the table had a fitting around them that appears to have cracked off the base units that were screwed into the table.

I put the base units back on, then put the long poles in the floor and put the table on. Of course, extremely wobbly and unstable.

So first:

1. Anyone know where I can order new hardware for under the table?
2. I assume that somehow the short poles jammed, and cracked something in those bases that are screwed into the table?

Any ideas welcome. I'll start searching on line. I assume I have to replace the hardware under the table, and likely order new short support poles .. we don't use the bed often, but like good to have or jury rig something for support.

Also, I ordered a cover for the two burners .. very nice .. but no side support units, so I have to rig something to ensure that the top doesn't drop on the burners .. or that the top doesn't open too far and bend .. shame they sold it that way

ptownvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
I did order new hardware from Dyers .. for the base under the table. Hope that does it. Not a great design, no idea why those short poles siezed underneath
ptownvibe is offline   Reply With Quote