Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #1

Tank level panel/with toggles for pump and water heater

I have a 2011 VCross Bunk House. The tank level panel is inside the door on the left. It has 2 toggle switches on the bottom, one for turning on the gas to the water heater and the other is to turn on the water pump for fresh water. Both switches light up but neither activate their components. They both quit working at the same time it appears. All the fuses are ok. Any ideas??
Umpire20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #2

When I turn on mine, the gas water heater will only fire if the electric element isn't on and the water pump will not start till there is fresh water in the tank and water pressure is dropping. When multiple items stop working at the same time and not on the same fuse/circuit, I tend to check the ground(s). In my 6504 the water pump and heater are right next to each other so it wouldn't be crazy to think they could share the same grounding point. After that I would start tracing the problem back from the devices to the panel. Which depending on your trailer could be fairly simple Device -> Relay -> switch, or could be a jumble of connections and sensors.
soniclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #3

Toggle switches not responding

Thanks for your response. My pump and water heater are about 8 feet apart. Electric toggle switch for the water heater was off and I had a small amount of water in the fresh water tank. I'm not sure where to find the ground wires. I thought to look inside the panel but couldn't figure out how to get the front off without messing it up. The dealer could troubleshoot it but wanted to avoid the $$ if possible.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Pull control panel

I would remove the four screws holding the panel to the wall, check to see if the wires have come loose from the back of the switches.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #5

Toggle switches

Thanks Daisy. No screws visible. Panel is about 2" x 4". Must be able to pop front off. Don't want to break it though.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #6

Mine just pops off, yes I thought I would break it when I popped it off to check the wiring to the galley tank sensor, as it never showed anything but empty. After doing that a few times its probably a bigger chance to break the thin paneling where mine is mounted.
As far as where to go to check grounds that I can't answer exactly as I don't have that model trailer. I would start at the devices having problems and follow the white or black or green wires to the grounding bar in the electrical compartment or frame of the trailer. Sometimes its guess work when the wireless goes into a wall but you might be able to pull push the wire to trace it through the walls.
soniclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:26 PM   #7

Had a similar issue with water heater. Turned out wire had come loose behind the switch panel. Had hit a patch of rough road and the spade wire connector had slipped off. Crimped the spade connector a tiny bit and pushed it back on.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, pump, tank, water, water heater