Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #1

tire sizes on 6504

I have a 2013 vibe 6504 with 14in c rated tires.I was at my dealer this morning looking at any changes to the vibe.The dealer had a 6503 and a 6505 with d rated 15in tires.they had a 6504 with 14in c rated tires.I am confused; why does the heavyest vibe have the smaller tires?I asked the sales manager about this but he did not know.All these units were 2014 new models.2 questions:1) where is the manual slide out on the 6504?2)can I walk on the fiberglass roof to clean or service?
geo m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #2

If you look at the manufacturing date you will find the later built Vibe's have the 4,400 lb. axles and 15" wheels. Its a change Forest River has made I guess because of the complaints of the 3,500 lb. axle being not strong enough on the earlier built Vibe's. I was told the interior construction is better too in the newer Vibe's. Its good they are making changes in a positive direction. I think walking on the roof you would have to be very careful and very lite weight. It would be a good idea to crawl or use a piece of plywood to spread the weight out. Our 6503 does not have a slide do not understand how the slides work on the Vibe.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #3

I also have a Vibe 6504 and would also like to find how to manually crank the slide should power be lost! Anybody have that knowledge?
RussellReyn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #4

I have the 6502 (the smaller slide) and if I understood the dealer walk thru, there are (2) boxes @ either side of the slide (on the floor). You need to open the box (you need a screwdriver) and then you need to disengage the motor(s). Once that's been done, you should be able to push it (no manual crank...not on the 6502)
Looking forward to Spring! I was only able to go 1 time before I winterized it
Blubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #5

Blubear thank you so much! I will have to do some looking around and find mine! I have looked high and low and found no clue. I am with you with warmer weather - can't get here soon enough. I will have mine out second week in March in Bristol TN! I'm thinking it may just be very cold. Many thanks for your reply.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:14 AM   #6

You're welcome I hope that by the end of March ....maybe 1st week in April to de-winterize. I've been clearing too much snow from the roof this winter and is really making me reconsider FL for retirement!
Blubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #7

After looking inside all the cabinets under the slide on my 6504 I see nothing that allows me to manually push the slide! Still searching! Anybody that can help I would greatly appreciate the help.

Tags
tire