Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #11

Vibe 6501

Hello there fellow Winnipegger,

We got our 6501 from Funk's in Steinbach, great service even from out of town. We had to get a new leg for our kitchen table (under warranty, too short) and they delivered it to me at work in Winnipeg.

We haven't done any modifications, we're not really too handy that way, and haven't really found anything that needs changing. What did you do to your kitchen floor and counter? We have the "Patty-o-Room" add on, bought from the dealership, which gives us just enough extra room, and keeps the bugs off, not that there really were any last year.

What do you pull your trailer with? We just got a new F150 this summer and really enjoy it. We haven't done any long distances yet, mostly just within a couple of hours away, but looking forward to going farther next year.

We live in a condo in Westwood and store the trailer at a storage place on the North Perimeter, reasonable and very safe.

Happy New Year!

Winnipegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipegger View Post
Hello there fellow Winnipegger,

We got our 6501 from Funk's in Steinbach, great service even from out of town. We had to get a new leg for our kitchen table (under warranty, too short) and they delivered it to me at work in Winnipeg.

We haven't done any modifications, we're not really too handy that way, and haven't really found anything that needs changing. What did you do to your kitchen floor and counter? We have the "Patty-o-Room" add on, bought from the dealership, which gives us just enough extra room, and keeps the bugs off, not that there really were any last year.

What do you pull your trailer with? We just got a new F150 this summer and really enjoy it. We haven't done any long distances yet, mostly just within a couple of hours away, but looking forward to going farther next year.

We live in a condo in Westwood and store the trailer at a storage place on the North Perimeter, reasonable and very safe.

Happy New Year!
Thought you got yours at Steinbach (seems to be the only place that handles the VIBE line in Manitoba - none in Winnipeg.). We really needed the 6504 layout (thus the trip to Grand Forks). We tow with a 2012 Chevy Traverse. (Only 5200 lbs towing capacity, but we seem to manage).
I will likely need to get a weight distribution hitch. You likely do not need it with the F150.

I am curious to know how well the Patty O Room add on worked for you?
Is it installed on the extended awning of the travel trailer ? Was it hard to install ? How much did it cost ?

We only had our travel trailer out to Carberry Desert (Spirit Sands) Provincial Park last year. (Great Place). Prior to purchasing the unit we did a week in Riding Mountain National Park with our old RPOD travel trailer. That is a great place to set up. Lots to do and see in the park. Hope to spend at least 2 weeks there next summer.

I grew up in Westwood, so I know the area well. Lived on Addison, just off Rouge Road. Went to Sansome School.

Are you retired ? I have 30 years in with Manitoba Hydro...may have to work until 60 (currently 52 years old) as my two girls are quite young at 4 and 9 years old. They would probably love to meet your dog, as I am always denying having a pet in our household. We are much to busy to provide a pet fair attention. We were previous dog owner when I worked up north in Gillam, Manitoba. (had 2 black lab/border collie cross).

Hope to stay in touch with you. Alway nice to have FR forum buds to knock ideas about on the trave trailer.

Our walking space in the trailer was somewhat hampered by our large dinette. Our layout is likely somewhat different than yours with the bathroom at the front of the trailer. I believe you have your dinette at the front ? We removed the big dinette and replace with a smaller marine table that easily pops out of a bracket in the floor. If we add the Patty O Room, we would likely dine outside most of the time anyway.

I am adding a flip up countertop section as well to extend the kitchen workspace. As well purchased a neat little cutting board that sits on top of the sink (and has provisions to drain running water). Great for additional work space as well.

Have other ideas in my head just need time to get around to do the work.

Keep in touch...

Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
pdchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #13

Vibe 6501

Hi there, Happy New Year,

Answering your questions as we go, we do have the E-Qual-i-zer weight distribution hitch and we love it. Installing it was not fun. May be overkill but can't be too safe.

We love our Patty-o-room Products - Dometic Bought it from the dealership so they custom fit it on the new trailer, we traded in our Funfinder 160WB (Cruiser RV) which also had a room attached. I think the cost was $500-$600, but you may be handy enough to do it yourself. The 8' x 10' room provides just enough extra room. My husband says we can set it up in 20 minutes but .... I think it's a bit longer than that, haha. And we also have a satellite dish with a service from Shaw Direct. $15 a month for 6 months for my TV addiction. Sometimes takes a while to set up. Thank goodness for cold beer!

We are both 55, one dog, no kids, no plans to retire for a while. We've both been working for 30 + years. Still spending too much money on toys, i.e., electronics, big trucks, and we just renovated our bathroom, so that cancelled the trip to Mexico this year!

I would love to find out where you got the cutting board for your sink cover, I've been looking for one.

I think I was telling you we're planning a big trip to the Black Hills and area in June, can't wait. We normally start out in mid April at Arrowhead RV Park in Iles des Chenes for a weekend then keep it at a freind's cottage lot in Grand Marais. Arrowhead is where all the snowbirds park while they are waiting for the Manitoba campgrounds to open. It's pretty funny because we're a tiny little thing compared to all the Class A buses and huge RV's. They all come over the want to see inside our trailer, but they are also more than willing to help when we have a problem, which is often.

Better run, keep in touch.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #14
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipegger View Post
Hi there, Happy New Year,

Answering your questions as we go, we do have the E-Qual-i-zer weight distribution hitch and we love it. Installing it was not fun. May be overkill but can't be too safe.

We love our Patty-o-room Products - Dometic Bought it from the dealership so they custom fit it on the new trailer, we traded in our Funfinder 160WB (Cruiser RV) which also had a room attached. I think the cost was $500-$600, but you may be handy enough to do it yourself. The 8' x 10' room provides just enough extra room. My husband says we can set it up in 20 minutes but .... I think it's a bit longer than that, haha. And we also have a satellite dish with a service from Shaw Direct. $15 a month for 6 months for my TV addiction. Sometimes takes a while to set up. Thank goodness for cold beer!

We are both 55, one dog, no kids, no plans to retire for a while. We've both been working for 30 + years. Still spending too much money on toys, i.e., electronics, big trucks, and we just renovated our bathroom, so that cancelled the trip to Mexico this year!

I would love to find out where you got the cutting board for your sink cover, I've been looking for one.

I think I was telling you we're planning a big trip to the Black Hills and area in June, can't wait. We normally start out in mid April at Arrowhead RV Park in Iles des Chenes for a weekend then keep it at a freind's cottage lot in Grand Marais. Arrowhead is where all the snowbirds park while they are waiting for the Manitoba campgrounds to open. It's pretty funny because we're a tiny little thing compared to all the Class A buses and huge RV's. They all come over the want to see inside our trailer, but they are also more than willing to help when we have a problem, which is often.

Better run, keep in touch.

I was quoted $779.00 for the Patty O Room kit by GNR camping world in Winnipeg. (By the way that is where I picked up the cutting board that pops on top of our sink).

I went online and see I can purchase the Patty O Room kit from the U.S. for $532.00 so I think I will go that route. I still need to pick up the weight distribution hitch, so I have some fun in store for me this spring.

Black Hills is beautiful, I have been there quite some time ago. We do want to take the kids there (probably 2 years from now).

I turn 52 next month, my wife is 46 - so we are pretty much your vintage

take care - I will keep you posted on any newsworthy info for the VIBE.
Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
pdchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #15

Vcross 275rls

We just purchased a 2013 vcross 275 fifth wheel best set up that we have seen in a couple of years looking. Have not towed it yet waiting on better weather. Purchased ours in Albuquerque NM at Myers RV. Everyone loves the layout and the looks of it.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #16

What is the smallest V cross they make
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #17

Smallest Vibe

Hi from Canada,
It looks like they just came out with a Vibe 6506, 18'7". Looks cute.
Vibe Travel Trailer by Forest River

We have the 6501, much bigger at 20 feet, haha, and it's a really good floorplan for us, 2 people and a pooch. Can't wait to get out in it, hopefully April, right now it's under quite a bit of snow. It's been a long cold winter up here.

Enjoy your Vibe!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #18

Hi from Missouri. We're taking delivery of a Vibe 6502 the end of this month. We're new to travel trailers after years of tent camping. We're excited about our Vibe -- not very big but a fine size for the two of us and our small dog. And we're looking forward to spending more time in and exploring the beautiful Ozarks of southern Missouri and Arkansas.

Rob, Julie and Sadie
2013 Vibe 6502
2013 Toyota Highlander
Old 03-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #19

Congrats on the new vibe! You will enjoy it. Having solid walls I mean.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #20

Hello Everyone

We just had our Vibe 6504 delivered today and it looks great. Looking forward to a lot of great camping in SW Missouri/ Table Rock Lake this season. It is just over 20' and seemed to tow well this afternoon.