Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #1

Vcross Vibe 826VFK Poor Quality

After only 11 months, I took it in the shorts and traded in my Vibe. We had nothing but problems with it since we got it.

Frame rusted
Front stairs fell apart after rusting through the pin
Stove fan quit working
Shower stall was pulling off the wall
Shower door seal fell off
Bathroom pocket door hangers broke
Front leveling jack quit working
Slide would not close flush
Black water valve would not shut all the way (that was fun)
Tank level lights were incorrect
Dining nook trim fell off
Drawers would not close properly
The window shades quit staying up
The battery quit taking a charge
The smoke detector got pulled off the ceiling whenever the slide was moved.
The fridge outside vent cover cracked and fell off.
The entry stairs paint peeled off.

I know there is more, but I just can't think of all of it now. What a nightmare experience with that trailer. I think ours got built the day before Christmas break. And Forest River WOULD NOT COVER THE PAINT ISSUES!! I couldn't believe it! A travel trailer not even a year old with paint peeling off and the frame rusting would not cover their product that supposedly had a one year bumper to bumper warranty.

Take it for what this is worth to you, but I just had to share.
zukimud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #2

I had many problems with our 6503 Vibe and corrected, or fixed them myself except replacement of axle that was covered under warranty. I think the Vibes were not a bad design, I think the factory needed better management over production. It,s to bad they have been discontinued. I think if the quality and been better and a little more thought to the way the interior was constructed it would have been a successful camper.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #3

I have had no real problems with our 2013 Vibe 6504,except the 3500 lb axle it came with.My dealer assisted with the cost on swapping for a 4400lb axle and 15 in wheels.My cost was $760 plus $220 for D rated tires.It took six months to complete this changeover with multiple trips to the dealership.I was considering trading for a larger trailer recently,however,My dealer says that my trailer will not do well on trade since it has a single axle. I have decided to be happy with what I have for now ;maybe look at other dealers later.
geo m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:44 PM   #4

You have my sympathy Zuki. RV components are often lacking in quality and durability. I also agree with Flower; I have literally spent days correcting shoddy workmanship on our new 6501.
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, vibe