Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2016, 06:29 PM   #1

Vibe 268RKS Air Conditioner

We are very interested in a Vibe 268RKS. Just wondering if 2 air conditioners are going to be needed. We are in Central Texas and do a lot of camping in the summer months. Any input is appreciated!
lsreiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:21 PM   #2

I live in N. Alabama, and there are times I wish mine had two.
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #3

It's not the best at forcing cold air down 25' or so of ducting. Pretty low air output. Once it's cooled off it can maintain temps pretty well but getting from 100* down to 75* or so once you park can take a while
mopar04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #4

I had them install a 2nd a/c unit on mine from the factory. A/C repairman said the 13.5k btu a/c units we have are too small for Texas summers. Will have to run both to be comfortable or upgrade to at least 15k btu units.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #5

I notice that the air flow is great in the bath and bed room. Air does come out in the living and kitchen . Not like the other two vents. I'm going to put a little divider in the air flow to force more air to the living and kitchen. If you notice the air flow from the fan goes straight to the front of the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Mark S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:42 PM   #6

We have a 15k in our 272 vibe and it dose a good job if the windows were tinted it would help a lot with the cooling in the day time sun .

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:21 PM   #7

air flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe268rks View Post
I notice that the air flow is great in the bath and bed room. Air does come out in the living and kitchen . Not like the other two vents. I'm going to put a little divider in the air flow to force more air to the living and kitchen. If you notice the air flow from the fan goes straight to the front of the trailer.

well i put in the divider and it works great. also my wife added insulated curtains and it made a world of difference on how much faster it cooled down the camper. We are in Arkansas so we have heat like Texas to Alabama.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsreiser View Post
We are very interested in a Vibe 268RKS. Just wondering if 2 air conditioners are going to be needed. We are in Central Texas and do a lot of camping in the summer months. Any input is appreciated!
I have a vibe 221rbs. A 26 footer, can not run the air and microwave at same time, circuit breaker trips. Oh running the air and toaster will also trip it. Vibe do not get my vote.
Exphon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exphon911 View Post
I have a vibe 221rbs. A 26 footer, can not run the air and microwave at same time, circuit breaker trips. Oh running the air and toaster will also trip it. Vibe do not get my vote.

Is it tripping inside the camper or the breaker at then pedestal

Old 07-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe268rks View Post
Is it tripping inside the camper or the breaker at then pedestal

It is strictly a Vibe thing, it has happen at 3 seperate campgrounds. I might add that I have had to rehang 2 cabinet doors that came off in my hands. And had the curtains that cover the windows on my slide out redone cause they did not come all the way down.
Exphon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #11

Well not to defend the Company,but a lot of these camp grounds don't have the correct size wire feeding the pedestals . The use too small of a wire feeding them. That causes voltage drop and the breakers are tripping due to heat issues. Next time see how full the park is and see if it trips.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #12

Just got of a 7 night camp in N.Ga over the 4th of July in a 2017 268rks. Had AC on all the time. Came with the 15k single unit. Temps were in the low-mid 90s every day. We found that if you open the direct vent at the AC unit but cooled the main cabin better during heat of day. We run everything full tilt when camping trying to make it break while under warranty (residential fridge, outside fridge, microwave, TV, lights, AC. No problems and this is our 4th camp. It is a lightweight build so can't manhandle the doors and stuff for sure...

Kennesaw, Georgia
Toolman_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #13

New Vibe owner Pick up a 224 RLS

I hope this was not a big mistake, the vibes seem to be built as good as any of the travel trailers? Have never had a travel trailer will be pulling it with a 2015 F150 eco boost super cab weight seems to match up good. Hope no over weight problems. The 224 RLS is only 4800 lbs and tongue weight of 550 or so. My F150 has the heavy duty tow package with 2200 lbs of payload. Would like to hear from other vibe owners on issues to look for.
porkchopjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopjack View Post
I hope this was not a big mistake, the vibes seem to be built as good as any of the travel trailers? Have never had a travel trailer will be pulling it with a 2015 F150 eco boost super cab weight seems to match up good. Hope no over weight problems. The 224 RLS is only 4800 lbs and tongue weight of 550 or so. My F150 has the heavy duty tow package with 2200 lbs of payload. Would like to hear from other vibe owners on issues to look for.
I pull mine with a 2012 Tundra 4x4. pulls great. be sure to have your wdh . that makes a big difference.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopjack View Post

Porkchoplack I tow our 272 bhs with a 2011 f150 eco boost installed load range e tires on truck and e rang tires on trailer tows perfect our trailer has had minor is sure but solid otherwise matinance is always required on all trailers before and after every trip by doing so you will prevent most issuer good luck ad safe travels

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, vibe