Old 07-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #11

I've considered making up the socket. I may have a look at it later today. It's sooo frikken hot out tho.

2014 F150 Supercrew 4x4 3.5L EB 3:31 axle
1999 F350 Supercab V10 4x4 3.73 LS
Markwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #12

Got my trailer back, the dealership pulled parts from stock to get it fixed. Got her home and straight away the slide wouldnt work from the panel but the remote was fine.

Found a 20 amp fuse at fault, replaced it. It immediately popped again. Replaced with 30 amp fuse and it's working fine. I will address this with the dealership and see if maybe the 20 is just too light or maybe the wrong one put in or ???

Frankly I'm getting tired of dinking with it. I'm inclined to just be happy it works with a 30 amp fuse.

2014 F150 Supercrew 4x4 3.5L EB 3:31 axle
1999 F350 Supercab V10 4x4 3.73 LS
Markwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #13

I've got the same model, purchased in September of 14. Have had some minor issues but nothing like what you've had. Build quality certainly isn't what I'd hoped for, but I'm a skilled DIYer and fixed the things myself that I had issues with. Currently the heater is acting up and only working for a few minutes, but I believe it may be related to a dead battery. In the process of replacing the factory with 2 6 volts for added Ah's. Going to put a ceiling fan in the bedroom as well. Temp control in the bedroom is very unpredictable with the door closed. A fan will help in the Texas summers. Other than that have been very happy with it. As someone mentioned, getting fresh water into the tank is a huge hassle when not connected to city water. I use a 30 gallon bladder and drill power pump, but still takes 15 minutes for 30 gallons. Only other complaint I have is that the orange step light is wired to the same switch as the bright led awning lights. So you can't have one or the other...so I'm going to add some separate lighting for the steps on a different switch to make it better.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:44 PM   #14

Wow. I would be camping at the dealer lot till all that **** was fixed on that kind of build quality. sounds like a real POS on that particular model . Sounds like a parasitic drain on the electrical issues you're having with the battery going dead . Probably an errant screw when building that unit taking some juice to ground and killing your batteries.
Everybody need to start bitching about this stuff or they're gonna continue to build crap. like someone posted above you wouldn't put up with this **** in the auto industry, squeaky wheel gets the grease. Don't fix it yourself take it to the dealer and bitch, you are entitled to a working unit when you pay that kind of money for it... Good luck
Old 12-26-2015, 10:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwie View Post
Got my trailer back, the dealership pulled parts from stock to get it fixed. Got her home and straight away the slide wouldnt work from the panel but the remote was fine.

Found a 20 amp fuse at fault, replaced it. It immediately popped again. Replaced with 30 amp fuse and it's working fine. I will address this with the dealership and see if maybe the 20 is just too light or maybe the wrong one put in or ???

Frankly I'm getting tired of dinking with it. I'm inclined to just be happy it works with a 30 amp fuse.
If your battery voltage is low, then your slide will pull more amps. So 20 amp might be the correct value but your battery maybe isn't up to snuff.

If your trailer's been sitting in the back of a dealers lot for some time waiting to get repaired, your battery may be not yet fully charged.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:29 PM   #16

Markwie, could you provide some specifics on the problem with "I had to remove a big piece of material from one of the AC ducts that was completely blocking airflow."?

We just purchased a new 2017 VIBE 268RKS and are experiencing this problem with the ENTIRE AC system! The only AC we get is from the "rapid cool" vent at the central unit. I took it back to be corrected, and it was not corrected but put in for warranty work.

If it is a simple fix, I would much rather do it myself now.

Thanks in advance!

Chuck Sr
Old 06-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #17

We have a 272 bhs some minor issues but this not being our first rig we were expecting things to go wrong sorry to hear of your issues just keep on the dealer and fr as for the batt draw remember the carbon and smoke detectors are always on and will drain your battery I always took the wires off the batt when parked and not In use good luck hope you get the issues fixed

Clancy vibe272bhs
Old 06-13-2016, 05:42 PM   #18

I agree with FordHauler, the best way to enjoy your rig is to embrace the DIY issues so you can camp. We are first time campers and bought our 2017 Vibe 286rks on March 25. We have gone on three camps so far, the longest eight days. We absolutely love our camper and we picked the Vibe because it, by far and hands down (in our opinion), has the best combination of appointments and features we wanted in an ultra light, or in our case, an Extreme Light.

If you just think for a minute about the term Extreme Light, that says something about the trade-offs necessary to have a light weight camper and still have all of those fine appointments; it just is not, and can not possibly be as rugged as those other heavy beasts that require a "Deuce and a half" to drag around the country. Factor in that everything we do with our camper causes stresses, twisting, bouncing, and other movement, and that's not even the violent forces it undergoes when under tow. When I was in the Navy, We were constantly having to tend to every part of the ship on a regular basis to keep everything running due to the harsh environment and forces at work on a moving vessel.

Now our camper has had a series of issues, all of which I have been able to address myself, which I am happy to do, because the alternative is to drive 50 miles to my dealer and drop it off for who knows how long, only to be pretty sure when I pick it up and get it back home, it won't be fixed quite right anyway. So my plan is that anything I can't correct on my own will be put on a punch list for when I drop it off with them sometime this winter.

Here are the issues that we have had and that I have corrected myself: every sink drain/trap leaked (had to disassemble and re-tighten/dope them all); Lippert adjustable awning hinges keep needing to be tightened and if you are not careful, you can eventually collapse the bars enough so they won't tighten (fixed that by putting a bushing inside the bar for the bolt to go through so it can't be crushed - now i tighten it as often and much as needed); shower leaks around the edges of the door enclosure (calking exercise); TV Antenna would not pick up any channels (the Cable TV and Antenna wires were reversed on the rear of the booster); dinky little 12 watt "theater" can't be heard inside to watch a movie so I put in a soundbar just above the TV and spliced it in.

So let not your heart be troubled, these things take a little bit of never ending TLC is what I am learning! And heck, look how much fun it is to post stuff on here and read all the different things people come up with and have experienced!
Old 06-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #19

I feel your pain. I had a Flagstaff previously and traded it for a 2016 Vibe 322QBH. Flagstaff was much better quality then this Vibe. I also had approximately 8-10 issues. Some similar to yours such as trim separation, heater flow, and other "quality control issues". Keep nagging Forest River. Seems like the quality control is lacking at the factory. I'd report everything while its under warranty. Like my wife said, "it'll be a nice trailer once everything is fixed!" Good luck.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #20
Some guy in back...

Use a "real" pump....

[QUOTE=DiAngelod;1065058] As someone mentioned, getting fresh water into the tank is a huge hassle when not connected to city water. I use a 30 gallon bladder and drill power pump, but still takes 15 minutes for 30 gallons. QUOTE]

You might consider the $35 12v utility pump from Harbor Freight. I was faced with the same issue with my 8329SS and initially just hefted a 6 gallon plastic portable on my shoulder but knew there was a better way.

I had a 39 gallon (150L) bladder tank from our sailing days so I got the HF pump and some fittings from the hardware store and put it together the other evening. Last night I timed it and I was able to empty the 39 gallons over my back fence to the garden in less then 7 minutes, roughly 320 GPH. It's not objectionably loud, I don't have to bend down to hold the drill and it's nice and compact. I can use a portable 12v supply I have or my aux GP 24 I usually carry for just in case.

Cheers!

'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe