Old 04-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #11
We have the same problem too in our Vibe 268RKS. Thanks for all the posts.

michparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:31 PM   #12
Site Team
Originally Posted by Toolman_GA View Post
Mrnlvr and lweitecode, I have a wall plate similar on our 2017 model 268rks with a button and green LED indicating the booster on/off. I see no "reset" button. Is this what you meant or is there one behind the wall plate? Thanks
That's it. If you are trying to receive OTA channels, it should be on.

Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #13

Great advice from everyone. My experience was with a Konka tv in our 2012 rockwood signature ultra lite. Could barely get any signal no matter what I tried. Finally replaced it with a samsung and guess what? More channels than I could imagine. The dealer wanted me to bring the trailer in to trouble shoot the tv. All they needed to do was plug in a cable feed and verify no signal. Just saying. Try a different tv b4 you tear the trailer apart. Hope this helps.
bgarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:27 PM   #14
If you pull the wall plate that has reset button (it's really the antennae power booster on/off) you will see several coax connectors. They come from the antennae and split off to various TV coonections. Mine were all loose or not properly twisted on i.e. the ground sheath wasn't making contact. I fixed all the loose ends and bingo channels! This was on my first trip after new pickup.

You can also test connections with a multimeter.
1. Turn amp button off
2. Take a scale piece of coax, twist ground sheath and center wire together
3. On the roof, disconnect the coax from the antennae and use a barrel connectors to attach the test scrap from step 2.
4. Use the multimeter at each outlet in the trailer. One probe on pin, one probe on sleeve. If it's a good connection the needle will move, if not there is a problem between TV and Antennae.
5. Check every outlet, then you may need to go behind the amp wall plate.
6. If outlets all pass. Check for bad cable to TV from its outlet.
7. If all cables are good. Try a different TV
2016 Wildcat 295RSX - 2015 GMC 2500HD DblCab Duramax/Allison 4x4 Z71 6.6' Bed
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover
Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball
LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote
6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard
Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:27 PM   #15
Bgarbo- Interesting, that a different TV
worked better. I was always curious. I had an extra good TV lying around when I bought my Solera. I questioned the PDMI tech at purchase about using it on the extra TV connection available in Bdrm area. He told me that the Jensen's were better for RV's , less electrical draw. I've heard on this site since then that Jensen's are basically junk and don't last.
Yes, as on prior post- I was told that my booster button was a "reset button" by RV service tech.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #16
Hbillsmith- you are correct! I found out last week after being at my "wits end", trying everything to get my TV to work, ( after learning to press reset/ booster button to get my manual crank TV to work), it end up being the problem on my Dish satellite just a bad HDMI cable. I wish I had tried changing out this simple thing ALOT sooner!
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #17
Update and resolution: I spent about an hour troubleshooting and verifying all three coax runs to the booster panel. It turned out that the *cable" and "antenna" wires were reversed on the booster amp on the back of the plate. I was thrown at first because the gray wire on my antenna roof changed to an orange wire somewhere inside the structure! Now getting 34 channels at my house so clear that the next task is to drop my ever increasingly expensive cable TV service. Thanks to everyone for their input and experience, it helped.
Toolman_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #18
I have the same problem. So I turned on the booster and went to the antenna and do not have 12 volt through the cable. There is a splitter at the radio that cuts into the cable going to the antenna. I'm going to make this a straight run and see if I have voltage then. I will let you know if this clears my issue up. This should help. I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
vibe268rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #19
I had the same problem on my 272BHS. Every cable on the back of the TV booster card was wrong. I had to verify every cable and put them all in the right spot. Everything is working now.
efeisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #20
Problem found. As an earlier post the cables where on the wrong places. The Orange cable is the antenna, white is for second tv and black is the cable . everything works like it should now.

vibe268rks is offline   Reply With Quote

antenna, reception, tv reception, vibe