Old 04-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #1

Vibe 268rks. Unable to get antenna TV reception.

We have had our new trailer for 2 weeks. We went on our maiden voyage last week and everything worked great except we could not get any TV reception - the other campers around us could get a handful of channels. The booster is on (green light) and it was working at the dealership. Any tips? There is no signal strength meter. Thanks.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Toolman_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman_GA View Post
We have had our new trailer for 2 weeks. We went on our maiden voyage last week and everything worked great except we could not get any TV reception - the other campers around us could get a handful of channels. The booster is on (green light) and it was working at the dealership. Any tips? There is no signal strength meter. Thanks.
How far away were you from the selling dealer. To receive normal broadcast channels, you will need to rescan for them, if you are in a different area from the last time it was scanned.

The local channels in say Chicago are not going to be the same ones in say New York.

Also do you have an antenna that has to be cranked up?

Wanna know how I plan on cutting carbs next year?

With a pizza slicer.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:56 AM   #3

I am about 50 miles from dealer. It is a crank up Wineguard and can be manually rotated. I have scanned many times and have pointed in directions of transmitters.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Old 04-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #4

Go up on the roof and see if the coax cable is tight where it connects to the antenna.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2016: 38 nights camped
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman_GA View Post
I am about 50 miles from dealer. It is a crank up Wineguard and can be manually rotated. I have scanned many times and have pointed in directions of transmitters.
What year is your Vibe 268RKS? On our 2016 268RKS the antenna is a low mount omni-directional which doesn't crank up and works great. Did yours come with that antenna?
Old 04-13-2016, 02:03 PM   #6

Like wmtire said you have to scan for channels. In the tv menu under 'set up' make sure you have 'antenna', not 'cable' selected. Then in the menu do a scan or search for channels. You might want to consider a wingman too. Made a big difference in reception for me. Winegard Wingman - Winegard RV-WING - Over-the-Air Antennas - Camping World

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #7

It is a 2017 with a crank up directional Wineguard antenna. I will start checking connections next. Thanks.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Old 04-14-2016, 01:47 PM   #8

When you said the booster is on, did you mean the reset button?? If not, I had that problem recently. I couldn't get my local channels with my crank up Winegard antenna. An RV service tech showed me the tiny reset button in back behind the TV plug in connection that I had never seen before. I wasn't told or shown this button either at my pre delivery demo.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
When you said the booster is on, did you mean the reset button?? If not, I had that problem recently. I couldn't get my local channels with my crank up Winegard antenna. An RV service tech showed me the tiny reset button in back behind the TV plug in connection that I had never seen before. I wasn't told or shown this button either at my pre delivery demo.
It's a booster button. I've never heard of a reset button. Should look something like this:

Old 04-14-2016, 02:14 PM   #10

Mrnlvr and lweitecode, I have a wall plate similar on our 2017 model 268rks with a button and green LED indicating the booster on/off. I see no "reset" button. Is this what you meant or is there one behind the wall plate? Thanks

Kennesaw, Georgia

Tags
antenna, reception, tv reception, vibe