Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #1

Vibe 272 BHS Newbie

We just purchased our Vibe 272. Our walk through was less then informative - "this is your tv, this is a couch, this is the bathroom". We asked a few times "what does this do?" and the lady doing the walk through had no answers other than google it. So we stopped asking questions. So I am hoping you guys can help with some basic questions.

What do you do when you store your camper between trips? Our last travel trailer had a battery disconnect, I have yet to find one on this one. Do you turn off all the breakers or leave them on? Propane on or off? Any pointers on having the 272 in general?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!
Dcruz822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #2

I disconnect the battery and turn the propane off. I also drain the fresh water tank if you are using it
Old 04-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #3

I have a vibe 272bhs as well. I disconnect the battery and shut off my propane. I drain everything at the camp ground before I leave.
crg6300a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:11 PM   #4

With my 272BHS. I turn the tanks off and make sure my inverter is off as well. I also leave the refrigerator doors open so it dries out well. You don't want any mold to deal with later. As far as the batteries. They recharge every time you travel, so I never detach the cables. Always drain and flush with clean water after every use.
Trammell1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:23 PM   #5

Not sure if you got the answers you are looking for yet?

I was told you need to add a battery shutoff, if you dont want to pull the cable off.

I was told 2 weeks for keeping water in the system. more than that, drain when done, then flush/fill for next use.

If you are new to RV...

Bleach can sanatize the water system, but make sure to flush it out.

Do NOT let the battery go flat.
Do NOT turn the water heater on w/o water in it.
Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #6

You can easily add a battery disconnect as we did. I also struts to the cabinet doors over the couch. Changed the faucet to a pull out, changed the baggage door locks.. too much value or stuff in there to be locked with a ch751 key that everyone has... also added magnetic baggage door holders.. love those.
southpaw821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:27 AM   #7

I just keep a trickle charger on my battery, which works very well to make sure that the battery is fresh the next time I take it out. I will get a disconnect put in, but right now I have other features that seem to be a higher priority, like replacing the tires vs. the ones that come with it, surge protector, TPMS system, etc.
LA_RV_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #8
Site Team

I thought Vibes came with a factory battery disconnect switch.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:02 PM   #9

Battery disconnect

I believe the new ones now do have a battery disconnect. Not sure. But the 2016's did not come with a battery disconnect. Just like a black tank flush. I think the new one have it, and the ones build in Oregon did, but the 2016 ones built in Indiana did not. Had to have one of those put on as well.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:15 PM   #10

Please explain a black flush tank?
vmfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmfa View Post
Please explain a black flush tank?
You mean a black tank flush.
Some RVs come a factory flush device for the black tank.
Since you don't have your RV listed in your profile, can't say if yours has one.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:48 PM   #12

Black tank flush allows you to hook up a hose on the outside of the camper and sprays water into the black tank. When you dump, this helps to remove all of the "stuff" that didn't come out via gravity.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #13

Black Tank Flush

After you drain the black/sewer water, you hook up a water hose (seperate one from dinking water) to the black tank flush, turn on the water, and their is like a nozzled that sprays/cleans your black/sewer water tank, keep that running until the water is clear. This helps get all the waste out of the tank to limit smells and sensors messing up
Moosey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw821 View Post
I believe the new ones now do have a battery disconnect. Not sure. But the 2016's did not come with a battery disconnect. Just like a black tank flush. I think the new one have it, and the ones build in Oregon did, but the 2016 ones built in Indiana did not. Had to have one of those put on as well.
How much for the tank flush? Thinking of adding one myself if it's not too hard.
Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #15

The kit itself is like 25 bucks. It is not expensive. The hard part is getting access to the tanks as you have to drop the underbelly cover. The installation itself is easy... and the inlet for the water is attached to the side of the stairs for the bathroom since the 272 bathroom is on the back side of the rig.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:37 AM   #16

+1 on the Black Tank, it is a great feature on our trailer. You will know you have it from factory if you see the hose connector usually right below your City Water or Holding Tank fill. Should be label Black Tank Flush.

For those that disconnect the battery, are you storing your trailer, or keep it connected to power? I plug my trailer in when I get home, so I keep my battery on and charged. I have read and in my experience that charging systems work better on the long term when they are used regularly.
camminich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw821 View Post
You can easily add a battery disconnect as we did. I also struts to the cabinet doors over the couch. Changed the faucet to a pull out, changed the baggage door locks.. too much value or stuff in there to be locked with a ch751 key that everyone has... also added magnetic baggage door holders.. love those.

Where do you get the locks
That’s a good idea
alain h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:19 PM   #18

New vibe 313 no disconnects.
RolltideRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:29 PM   #19

My 308 BHS does not have a black tank flush so I simply run a hose to the toilet and let the water run. Not the most efficient method but it works. When I get home I pour 2-3 gallons of water in the black tank with a cup of bleach or RV sanitizing packets.
gsmith364 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, vibe