Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #1

Vibe 308bhs

Hi everyone, I am picking up my new Vibe 308bhs tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone had any issues or if they had items that I should make sure I look for at the dealer. I would prefer not to have to deal with warranty issues as the dealer is far from my house. Thank you
Enc356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #2

The dealer is going to do a PDI. Pre delivery inspection. Somewhere on this forum is a PDI checklist I have heard about. That would be a good start. Good luck!
abomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping

I have a similar model to yours in my 312qbud. I would make sure you have no plumbing leaks in any of the sinks. I found a few places that needed better caulking. I think I spent 2.5 hours during my pdi making sure everything was working. If you don't want to go back make sure you go through and use everything while you are there.

It may make for a long day, but it will be worth it!
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:23 PM   #4

Make sure you don't let them tell you they tested the plumbing lines with "compressed air"! They will tell you that they can detect leaks with air the same as water. True, air and water will both leak out of a pin hole, however water causes damage and air doesn't. Also all your faucets will be clogged the first time you use them. Make them hook it up to water and clear the crappie out of the faucets.
GapSupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #5

Gap supply is correct about each faucet. So here are.some of the major.things. when they filled my fresh tank it fell out of the camper. Their was a black tank leak... one of the wheels were cracked, make sure you check the grill. That part where you turn the gas on was bent and broken. So were.the next 2 they brought out. Look at that carefully. Make sure all blinds and window coverings work property... check the awning lights are working properly. .
And all options you paid for are included. I ordered the outdoor shower and it didn't come with it.
southpaw821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:10 AM   #6

What did you find? How are you enjoying it?

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCobra View Post
What did you find? How are you enjoying it?

Hi IronCobra,

We haven't been able to camp in it yet but the kids love it. The travel trailer is very nice and it really doesn't have any major issues. The range hood was scratched, one of the shades didn't work properly but easily fixed. The air flow through the heat ducts isn't very even and the one duct up front barely had any air flow at all. I'm guessing it's because they all feed off a main trunk line and the ducts that are farthest away get the least air flow. My biggest issue is that the refrigerator is all electric. I purchased this unit at the Hershey RV show in PA. After looking at RVs all day long we decided on the Vibe (trust me it was a long day). I spoke with the salesman from camping world and I told him that we will be doing a lot of dry camping on the beach. The only thing he mentioned was the size of the refrigerator was great and not that it was all electric. This being my first travel trailer I thought that they all ran on propane and electric. This really won't work for me. I emailed the rep from forest river today who was also there and told him the situation and all he said was sorry, get solar panels. I will come up with a solution but that is the only bad thing with this travel trailer.

Also you recommended the equalizer hitch for this travel trailer to me in a different thread, when I was set on getting the propride. I want to say thank you because I went with the equalizer and it towed great. I picked up the travel trailer 250 miles away from my house, it was raining, I had to tow it on I-78 for over 100 miles which has heavy tractor trailer traffic and then over the George Washington Bridge and the Cross Bronx Expressway to get to eastern Long Island. Quite a trip for the first time ever towing anything this large and the equalizer towed perfectly with no sway at all. Thanks again, you saved me a couple grand. Can't wait to start camping in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #8

I'm very glad you were able to save some money on the hitch. I'm also glad you were able to travel safety with the Equalizer product. It's great that you love your new a Vibe. We enjoy taking ours out all the time. I do suggest you get the Eeztire TPMS system as well as LED bulbs with some of the money you saved

http://www.amazon.com/EEZTire-Tire-P...dp/B00PU1PVH6/

LED bulbs (you'll need 3 (30 bulbs) packs to do all the interior lights)
http://www.amazon.com/GRV-9-5050-Bul...dp/B00EZOUPCA/

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #9

Excellent, thank you very much. I really appreciate the tips and any other tips that you may come across while owning the vibe will be appreciated as well. Happy Camping

Old 12-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enc356 View Post
Excellent, thank you very much. I really appreciate the tips and any other tips that you may come across while owning the vibe will be appreciated as well. Happy Camping

Well, I have a few suggestions. First, tint the Windows with highly reflective tint (search Amazon for reflective tint). One 36"x20' roll will do all the Windows. The Windows are not double pane and they do not offer any insulation at all. Also, remove the screws they used to secure of the table leg mounts, then rotate the mount slightly and reattach the screws so they are tight but not too tight. The factory over tightens the screws and they don't hold the table legs down. Also, check the bottom trim of the cabinets above the sofa for miss fired nails. It's best to go to Lowes and pickup a box of small black finishing screws (3/4" long). You will find about 100 things that could have been attached better.

Definitely replace all the bulbs with The Led bulbs from my last post. They will really save energy and cut down excess heat from the lights.

Also, buy the bug screens for the outside of your outside side vents as well as the rear bumper end caps. Buy a roll of Reflective bubble wrap and cut it to size to fit each window. This will add additional heat and cold insulation to your RV.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:52 PM   #11

Excellent, thank you for the tips

Tags
vibe

« Vibe | Heater? »