Old 06-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
Vibe 308BHS Owners Questions

For all of you 308 owners have you ever measured the capacity of your fresh water tank. I know what the specs say but we dry camp from time to time and when we did it for the first time in this trailer we ran out of water. We did not overuse it or anything like that but found it interesting that we ran out when on our old trailer we would not over the same period of time. My husband tested the capacity and filled it and measured it out and we determined that what came out was only about half of what it should hold. I have asked others and some think that it was not full although when filling it the water did come out the overflow so not sure that that is the case. Just curious if anyone else has noticed that.

Also, the fresh water filler. On our old trailer it was just an opening (gravity fill) and on this one you need a hose connection making it more difficult to add water when dry camping from a jug etc.I know there are solutions for this issue but I would prefer to just have the gravity fill. Has anyone ever changed theirs. What does your trailer have?

I had always heard that Forest River were good trailers but I have noticed many ways that they have cut corners that our other trailer did not. They are not things that I cannot correct on our own and I actually did not notice them until we used it for the first time. Nothing major but one thing is the thickness of the bunk mattresses, our old trailer mattresses were at least double the thickness. I am going to fix this issue.

I do really like this trailer, lots of storage and I love the bunk room for the kids. We have camped 4 times already this season and loving it all.

Vibe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:09 AM   #2
I have not had an issue with the amount of water in our trailer. I assume it just fills to the capacity.

As far as issues we have had some.
A/C unit would freeze up at night
Underbelly came undone
Tablet broke
Grill rusted through in under a year

All the above issues have been fixed under warranty form Forrest River.

We do like the trailer but I believe that all MFGs are pushing out the trailers so fast that there will be issues. From what I understand the employees are paid by how many trailers go out in a day so they want to work as fast as possible. IMO they are moving so fast that some stuff is just missed or they donít want to stop and fix it knowing the dealer will take care of it.

We have had our trailer for just over a year and have traveled to Kansas and Florida from Indiana and after a year I can still say we made a great purchase.

rwasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:42 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping
I think that your fresh water probably siphoned out while you were driving. It is a common issue with the fresh water tanks, some people put a shutoff valve on the overflow tube to prevent this issue
312QBUD Owners Thread
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD
2000 Chev 2500 Extended Cab 6 Liter
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote