Old 10-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #21

Advice on Covers

My parents recently purchased a 6501. They are looking for a good cover to protect it through Missouri winter post winterization. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions that I can pass along to help them.Thanks!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #22

This information was posted from a Vibe 6504 owner, but I think it will work for any of the 6500 series

I believe it was part # 32841

Travel Trailer RV Covers

Old 10-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #23

I just gone done winterizing our 6501 this weekend. We bought the #32841 and put it on.
I think you can go with the next size down. The Vibe specs state our TT is 20' 5" length, I think that is to the end of the ball hitch. There was a lot of extra material we needed to strap down.
Ours is the Adco Designer series. This is our first time with it so I can't give you much of a review, but I am impressed with the quality.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:34 AM   #24

We downsized from a 30 foot American Star 5th wheel to a 6501 this year. I'm always fiddling around with the trailer and trying to improve things. The 6501 was well thought out and the V front really is a great help. I like the day cruiser type dinette. On the road, it seems impervious to headwinds. We tow with a Dodge Cummins 3500 SRW and get 17.4 MPG into a 26 mph headwind on flat road with the truck A/C on.
We use only an anti-sway bar and a brake unit. A WDH would put too much truck weight back on the trailer axle. The hitch should put 12% of the weight on the tow vehicle, and I am hard put to accomplish that and stay anywhere near level, so the anti-sway bar keeps us stable while we tow with the trailer level. We only keep light stuff in the storage and depend on the truck bed for heavy items. It is nice because with the 5th wheel I couldn't use the short truck bed for very much.
On the 6501 I replaced the rear lights with nice LEDs, and found that there is no structure to sink a wood screw into, unless you find an aluminum piece of frame and screw into that. Everything that is randomly screwed into a wall is held by sheer numbers of small screws into the paneling. I prefer to use a nylon spreading insert which works real well for most things.
All the 6501 appliances and accessories are excellent. The TV antenna is high gain, the A/C is good, the fridge is totally automatic and the water heater is great. Watch movies with a USB drive. We were attracted by the stand up shower, and the size of the bed. There is no inside clothing storage but I solved that by putting nice cabinet doors in to replace the netting.
Sure we have to crawl over each other at night to use the bathroom but it beats sleeping alone.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S View Post
There is no inside clothing storage but I solved that by putting nice cabinet doors in to replace the netting.
Great idea.

Link below is what we did.
Vibe 6501 Clothing Storage Mod