Old 05-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #1

Vibe 6501 table lowering into a bed

Hello!
My husband and I are newbies in the camping world and we purchased a Vibe 6501 travel trailer. We are setting it up for next weekend and are having difficulties taking the table out to lower it into a bed.
Has anyone done this before? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #2

Looks like the same type of table I have in the 6502 and you just need to pull up on the table as the 2 posts will come out. Remove them and lay them down on the floor and then you will be ready to place the table on the lip of either bench seat. Hope that helps.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #3

We have a Vibe 6503 a little larger table that slides forward. When I tried to lift it from the legs the bases for the legs pulled out from the floor screws and all. We replaced the table and kitchen counter top with Baltic birch plywood. The factory table top alone weighed 65 lbs. and was sagging someone would need to have a very strong back to covert it into a bed. So the first thing we did when we brought it home from the dealer when it was new was to replace the table and kitchen counter top. The new table top with single hinged leg weighs 24 lbs. and is stronger will not easily sag or be damaged by water. And can be easily converted to a bed with out hurting your back.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #4

Thanks for your replies. Finally got it working, but the table is slightly larger than the space between the benches
Old 05-12-2014, 05:11 AM   #5

Oh no....hopefully somehow it will fit. Sometimes I find myself looking at a problem and looking and then a solution finally comes to me. I'm still learning myself and I find this Forum a fantastic area to find my answers (or suggestions that are helpful in finding that solutions) Unfortunately, the dealer where I purchased my Vibe has not less then helpful after the sale. Going for 2nd trip of the season this Thursday, not too far from home, Hagerstown / Antietam Battlefield KOA.

(oh and Flower...love the mod!)
Old 07-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #6

aj;
We have a 2013 Vibe 6501.
Glad that you were able to get the table out.
We also have an issue with installing the table in-between the benches. I have found it better to sit the table on the outside end of the bench rails and slide it (horizontally) in between the benches from the kitchen area.

I redesigned the front end on our 6501 to install much needed additional storage. I went to Lowe's and purchased a kitchen cabinet that was 30" high and the same width as the space between the bench slide rails. Then I removed the plywood slide from the bottom of the table as well as removed the post pockets from the slide. Then I removed both post pockets from the floor.
Then I installed the cabinet between the benches and slid it all the way forward. Using a couple screws, I secured it to the bench rails.
Using my table saw, I made a box that fit into the top of the cabinet and secured it to the bottom of the table. (make sure to calculate the height of the box to correspond with the height of the re-installed table post). Using scrap wood, I installed a bumper board across the top of the cabinet at the back (front of trailer). I also installed 2 steel dowels on the box that insert into holes in that bumper board.
Then, using the cabinet door as a guide, I re-installed 1 post at a location that allows the door to open all the way by attaching the pockets to the bottom of the table and the floor.
Now I can put my foot against the single post and lift on the end of the table. It comes up easily. Lift a little more so the box clears the cabinet top,slide back to clear the steel dowels and then lift it off. Much easier.
Plus, This adds needed storage in space that is otherwise useless.
The table top still fits nicely between the benches and the usable bed space is the same. Just use the 2 longer cushion to cover the table. The 2 shorter cushions are not needed.
The TT isn't here at home right now but as soon as I can, I'll take pictures and add them to this thread.

Greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #7

Table slightly larger than the space? I am chuckling because in my old Sandpiper, the table was to narrow by 2", so we had to cut a sheet of 3/4 plywood to fit. It is stuff like this that just makes me wonder......?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #8

I mentioned that I would post pictures of my 2013 Vibe 6501 table modifications.
Here they are. Maybe it will give someone ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2179.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	58879   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2180.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	58880   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2181.JPG
Views:	83