Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2017, 03:58 PM   #1

Vibe from SC

I'm now new here at Vibe- we had a 2007 Wildwood as starter for 2 years and my wife seen this Vibe on the camp ground and fell in love.
We bought it in September at Camping World in Hendersonville NC (different story- never again and I regret every dime I spent there).
after our first trip we found several issues- wire bracket under slide broken and wire fell during driving on the tires and rubbed through, LED light on counter top was just half on, stove cover was missing, gas hose for outside grill was missing, tongue jack light not working, TV Cable not working and brakes where rubbing in stop and go.
Camping world had our camper for solid 6 weeks and did not do a thing- I picked it up unrepaired, because we had a trip panned- the only essential thing was the slide wire- I fixed it temporarily. The brake rubbing went away- don't know what it was. TV- I found the connectors on the amplifier in the wall where loose- I tightened them and it was OK.
I had now the camper for 3 weeks at a local dealer- after Forest River intervention- and kudos for FR Judd Cripe- he helped me with the issues absolutely great. Saturday I can pick it up.
in our 2 trips so far, we love the camper- the mattress is not even bad- we put a memory foam topper on it. The shower is very good- but I had to add another bracket for the head for my wife a little lower (women...)
I love everything, especially the gas-fill- gauge.
There is just one or the other thing, I thought is a design issue- the 20' awning ends directly beside the entrance door. when the awning is out, you can't open the door completely and can't snap it in. I keep the door open with a bungee cord- otherwise the wind blows it shut.
I do not like the fact, that I have no black water flush- should had checked- I flushed the tank from my old camper through the drain- I have a clear elbow with hose connection- the problem is, that the water does not go backwards in the tank and I have to flush the toilette to wash the black tank out. That's a hassle, when you're on the dump station and 5 others behind you. I usually see, that I get through quick, ain't gonna happen no more- sorry, if you ever sit behind me.
I usually leveled the old camper with the jacks- I know- not the proper way, but I did and it worked great. The jacks at the vibe are just stabilizer jacks- I'm a lazy boy and for me it's a hassle to drive back and forward on blocks until the camper is leveled.
Another thing wit the drains- why do they have 2 drains and the second one right under the slide, that you have to crawl on the ground to get to it?

Other than that- happy campers! and I especially love the residential refrigerator with the power converter- no more forgetting to crank it up a day before- it works almost instantly and is finally big enough.

We are looking forward for a travel rich season! finally with room enough for us and our Labrador mix....he is huge and as he was in the old camper- that thang was full.

Greetings from South Carolina!
...and GO TIGERS!!!!!

Chris
chrisf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #2

Welcome from just across the line in NC.
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #3

Welcome form Wisconsin.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #4

Welcome, and after you get all the little kinks worked out the VIBE is a great trailer! We've had our RKS268 for 2 years and really enjoy it. BTW, that pesky wire harness bracket is a big design flaw. Don't bother getting a new replacement because it'll just break again after a few opening & closing's. I used a gate hinge at the end where it connects to the inside slide wall, that's where it bends and breaks. I went through 2 new plastic wire bracket harnesses before I got smart!
wz3mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #5

Thanks all!

@wz3mo - great info- I actually thought the same- looks like a engineering- disaster underneath- actually I was disappointed, as I looked underneath. I temporarily fixed the wire with a chain attached to the bars sticking out and taped the wire to it- I actually had the feeling it was holding up better than the bracket. I probably don't take chances and improve the bracket right away without waiting, until it breaks again.
Do you have any pictures of your solution? I would really appreciate it.
I'm a tech- guy- so I do know how to use tools.

Thank you.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:27 AM   #6

I don't have any pictures of my repair but this subject has been discussed, link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...des-91863.html
My Vibe is covered up for winter so I can get a shot of it now.
Hopefully you can find some pictures to help you out.
Good luck!
wz3mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #7

WELCOME From upstate SC also. congrats on the camper and to the Tigers. GO GAMECOCKS!!

It's a nice night for an evening
woodpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #8

Congrats on you new vibe we have a 272 bhs and love is only minor issues but so far 2 years and over 7000 miles in traveling . We have replaced the stock tires with e rated should have done that the first trip. We live in Hendersonville and bought ours in sc at Jim campions that's how much we trust camping world as well lol safe travles

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:30 PM   #9

Congratulations on the new Vibe. Is your the 268RKS? We've had ours for 2 full summers now and love it. It's a terrific couples trailer. Rear kitchen is great. It will take a season to get the bugs out, but worth it. And yes, Judd is excellent to deal with. He helped me a lot during the warranty period.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-24-2017, 05:56 AM   #10

Yes, wingdreamer, the 268rks- I love the floor plan and we found, it's the floor plan with the largest room without sitting 20ft away from the tv. And we already love the residential fridge and the outside kitchen. And finally, we can move around, while our lab is inside- lol.
Yes, there are some bugs, but if you know, you know, what to do.
Thank you!
Old 01-24-2017, 12:11 PM   #11

I'm pretty well versed on this model of Vibe. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions. Enjoy! Alan

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #12

Thank you, I will remember it!
Old 01-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #13

Here's a couple threads on your slide bracket:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...it-112019.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...or-107016.html

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #14

We use Anderson Levelers to level our TT. It's such a cinch!! They look like curved wheel chocks. You just put them behind the tires on the side that needs to rise and you back up on them while your partner has out the level and tells you to stop when it is level. Sometimes we just have to go up an inch or so, but sometimes more. Then, when it is level, your partner puts the front chocks in and you are set. Actually, I am a wife and I am the one looking at the level and telling my husband to stop when it is level. I would never, ever want to use boards or those Lego looking things. The Anderson Levelers are not very expensive either.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:08 PM   #15

Congrats on the Vibe Chris.

We have the 308bhs and has issues at the start. As you I cant say enough good things about Judd. We called him on a Wednesday and he invited us to come to the factory on Thursday to fix the TT. We live only about 2 hours away from the Vibe factory so it was an easy decision. He even gave us a tour of the factory.

Its because of employees like him I will purchase a Vibe again.
rwasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #16

Ditto, Judd is excellent to deal with!
Old 02-02-2017, 03:34 PM   #17

Welcome from WA

We have that same unit, bought in Sept unfortunately just before the rainiest Oct on record so we only got 3 nights in before the cover went on. I think we were lucky in that ours didn't have any big failures out of the gate (everything works except the TV remote control and the USB charger for the "tablet.")

We really like the layout and had 10 people inside for a full Turkey dinner while boondocking on Canadian Thanksgiving (squeezed in a folding table in the LR). Looking forward to warmer weather here in the PNW--already have two reservations for March and April to go CAMPING!
3 Border Collies
3 chickens a'laying
1 Wife
johnbro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #18

Thanks all- good advises and nice to hear, that I'm not the only one with a Vibe!
Here in the southeast they're actually rare- don't know why- we have seen one so far and that was the one, my wife fell in love with.
We booked already and the first trip will be in April- In July we was able to get a spot in Huntington Beach State Park- NOT OCEANLAKES ;-) in Myrtle Beach. Can't wait - I'm also ready to go!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #19

About 2 weeks ago we purchased our New 2017 Vibe 313
BHS. We have yet to take it anywhere, but plans are to head out to Eisenhower State Park in Texas the 12th of March. I would like to know just how the Convertor thing works instead of Propane for running my refrigerator. Questions like this tend to piss my husband off because I can't figure it out myself.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
About 2 weeks ago we purchased our New 2017 Vibe 313
BHS. We have yet to take it anywhere, but plans are to head out to Eisenhower State Park in Texas the 12th of March. I would like to know just how the Convertor thing works instead of Propane for running my refrigerator. Questions like this tend to piss my husband off because I can't figure it out myself.
that's easy- I assume you have the residential refrigerator. I love it- it get's almost instant cold. I always switch the inverter in the storage compartment on, the evening before we leave. the switch in is on, the switch out is off. you also hear it, because it has a small fan inside.
when it's on, leave it on until you arrive and hook up to the power pole at the site. once hooked up, you can turn the inverter off. that's all.
If you have the residential refrigerator, it does not run on gas.
If you have the normal one, switch it on auto and turn the gas on. it automatically overrides the battery power, so your battery does not get sucked down. when you're at the site, and hook up, it automatically goes from gas to electric. when you come back home, just torn the fridge off and turn the gas off.

I love the Vibe and would not like something else. hope you're as happy with it as we are.

Tags
vibe