Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2017, 08:00 AM   #1

Vibe front cap & WD bars?

Does anyone have issues with how much the front cap protrudes, and clearance for the WD bar mounts? In my case, we're looking at a 308BHS and a Propride hitch (16 F150 EB), where the vertical jacks for the WD bars go straight up. I have to go to CW to measure, but wondering if anyone has experience with this?
54GFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #2

On mine I take off the nose to hook up the wd bars. Then reinstall the nose and we are going to go. No interference at all.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:48 AM   #3

I have to take the nose off to hook up wd bars but no issue with clearance and pretty simple to do. Any time I'm hooking up I always check propane and batteries anyway.
jeffandrews55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:02 PM   #4

Like others said the front cap needs to come off. I have an old Reese chain system, but I assume they all are pretty close to the same length.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but that is an awfully long, and heavy trailer for the F-150. Dont know the towing specs on it, but I personnally would not pull a trailer that size with ANY half ton. But thats just my opinion.

We have a 322QBS, and its a big trailer. 38 feet long and damn near 8000 pounds empty. I am pulling with a dually diesel, so its a non issue. They are nice trailers so be careful and enjoy it[emoji2]
Stroker548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker548 View Post
Like others said the front cap needs to come off. I have an old Reese chain system, but I assume they all are pretty close to the same length.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but that is an awfully long, and heavy trailer for the F-150. Dont know the towing specs on it, but I personnally would not pull a trailer that size with ANY half ton. But thats just my opinion.

We have a 322QBS, and its a big trailer. 38 feet long and damn near 8000 pounds empty. I am pulling with a dually diesel, so its a non issue. They are nice trailers so be careful and enjoy it[emoji2]
Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm fully aware on the half ton situation, and been through the gauntlet of critics on forums that see it as a black and white issue. I've run the numbers, and while close, I'm good. My biggest concern with a larger trailer was always sway. So, I'm ordering a ProPride hitch to eliminate it out of the equation (ouch$). That aside, the 3.5 Ecoboost has significant power and torque to spare for the 8000+lbs, and plenty of stopping power - especially at conservative speeds and safely driving as I do. I plan to keep truck bed items to almost nothing to not jack the payload with family of 5. I would like to upgrade to an F250/350 at some point, and looked at new Super Duty's...but the numbers don't make sense right now. So, I'm just going to use common sense, take it nice and easy, and enjoy until then.

I'm not saying we haven't learned anything or evolved since, but as a kid, I remember RV camping every summer...from the 76 Fury, to a similar year Lincoln pulling a huge trailer, and later a 79 F150 (probably the modern towing ability of a new Escape) towing a large, for the time, Fifth wheel...everything was great, nobody had any problems - we just had fun. And isn't that the whole point?
54GFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #6

I pulled a TT with a '74 Grand Fury. 360 V8 and would prefer that over many half tons today
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54GFL View Post
Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm fully aware on the half ton situation, and been through the gauntlet of critics on forums that see it as a black and white issue. I've run the numbers, and while close, I'm good. My biggest concern with a larger trailer was always sway. So, I'm ordering a ProPride hitch to eliminate it out of the equation (ouch$). That aside, the 3.5 Ecoboost has significant power and torque to spare for the 8000+lbs, and plenty of stopping power - especially at conservative speeds and safely driving as I do. I plan to keep truck bed items to almost nothing to not jack the payload with family of 5. I would like to upgrade to an F250/350 at some point, and looked at new Super Duty's...but the numbers don't make sense right now. So, I'm just going to use common sense, take it nice and easy, and enjoy until then.

I'm not saying we haven't learned anything or evolved since, but as a kid, I remember RV camping every summer...from the 76 Fury, to a similar year Lincoln pulling a huge trailer, and later a 79 F150 (probably the modern towing ability of a new Escape) towing a large, for the time, Fifth wheel...everything was great, nobody had any problems - we just had fun. And isn't that the whole point?
I pull similar weight with my 2016 F150 SC, 4x4 with the 2.7 Ecoboost, Propride 3P 1400. YOU"LL BE FINE AND VERY HAPPY WITH THE PROPRIDE
Zak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:30 PM   #8

Use the fastway e2, works great
stevenconnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe