Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
KWM
17 years RVing

Unhappy Vibe Tank Specs Incorrect

As a new owner of a new 2013 Vibe 826VFK, I am disappointed that Forest River falsely advertises the fresh water capacity to be 44 gallons. The installed tank is a 32 gallon tank (Ameri_Kart W1454). This is an important difference for those who boondock, as I do occasionally.

I have been in discussion with Forest River but so far they don't have a solution and are not willing to make it right. They claim the 32 gallon tank is what is used in all Vibes and add the 6 gallons in the water heater for total capacity on the smaller Vibes at 38 gallons. Perhaps they added the water heater 6 gallons twice in the 800 series specs. I wonder if other manufacturers list the water heater capacity in their total fresh water spec. It would be accurate from a weight point of view but not at all helpful when determining useful capacity. There is no way to use that 6 gallons when the supply tank runs dry and the pump is sucking air. The only way to use that last 6 gallons would be to remove the exterior drain and catch what you can as it runs down the side of the trailer.

I've also noted that many of the Vibe selling & Forest River websites list the grey holding tank as 62 gallons but it is nowhere noted that this is the total for 2 grey tanks. I don't know what each one holds.

On the up side, I love the floor plan of the 826VFK and Forest River did step up when mine was delivered with the fresh water tank falling out. They covered remounting a new one and gave me a 1 year extended warranty.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #2

Sorry for the problem. My understanding is that is why they state that spects are subject to change without notice. So you can't sue them because they changed
something?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #3

A friend of mine went through this and it clearly stated in their brochure the size of the fresh water tank. When he found out it was way off they reluctantly replaced it with the size stated.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
KWM
17 years RVing

I'm still working on them to provide a larger tank. I can understand them changing things but that should be noted on the specific trailer if it doesn't match the published spec. Changing a pattern or color is a lot different to me than changing the physical abilities of the trailer. I've been working at this for 3 weeks now and have yet to get satisfaction and their on-line specs are still wrong.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
KWM
17 years RVing

I see FR has now changed the spec to 38 gal on the Vibe 826VFK which represents the 32 gal tank plus 6 gal in the water heater. FR did send me a larger 37g tank (Ameri-Kart W1391) but a 5 gal increase doesn't help with boondocking much so I never installed it. I'm waiting for a 47 gal tank (Ameri-Kart W1163) that I ordered via RVSurplus. It is late delivering so we'll be boondocking in AZ with just the 32 gal this winter.