Old 08-31-2016, 12:19 PM   #1

Question Vibe versus Vibe Ultra Lite: Differences

My wife and I are about to upgrade from a Wildwood X-Lite hybrid. We've been doing a lot of online looking and keep coming back to the Vibe series. The Vibe Extreme Lites are billed as "affordable entry level fiberglass towables", whereas the Vibes are simply billed as "affordable but fully featured". Prices are similar and I am hard put to see what the primary differences are.

What are the primary differences of these two units?
What gives the full featured Vibe Extreme Lite its "entry level" designation?

Old 08-31-2016, 02:57 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

Basically lighter and less durable materials.
Like lighter frame that uses thinner metal.

'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:34 AM   #3

Bikendan, hit the nail on the head! We have a Vibe Extreme-Lite 315bhk. This is our first RV and our driving factor for the Vibe was it was the best bang for the buck for a fiberglass sided, bunkhouse that was "1/2 ton" towable. It's a good trailer, but we already know we want to upgrade in the next year. Everything in it is extremely lite weight and don't always hold up the best when traveling long distances. Don't be surprised to always need to be fixing, reattaching or tightening something every time you use it. Regardless, it has still been a great "entry" level trailer to get us out camping!

Nights camped in 2016: 26
Nights camped in 2017: ?
fireman1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #4

Smile Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman1317 View Post
Bikendan, hit the nail on the head! We have a Vibe Extreme-Lite 315bhk. This is our first RV and our driving factor for the Vibe was it was the best bang for the buck for a fiberglass sided, bunkhouse that was "1/2 ton" towable. It's a good trailer, but we already know we want to upgrade in the next year. Everything in it is extremely lite weight and don't always hold up the best when traveling long distances. Don't be surprised to always need to be fixing, reattaching or tightening something every time you use it. Regardless, it has still been a great "entry" level trailer to get us out camping!
Thanks for sharing your experiences! We are looking to retire and want to buy right the first time. The last thing I want is a high maintenance RV and/or one that I need to replace.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:28 AM   #5

High maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crbacsw View Post
Thanks for sharing your experiences! We are looking to retire and want to buy right the first time. The last thing I want is a high maintenance RV and/or one that I need to replace.
All RVs are high maintenance. We were fulltimers in a DP for 8 years. We have owned various RVs for close to 50 years. I've never had one that was maintnance free. Something always comes loose, breaks free or simply doen't work. That can be expected when hauling your house down the road.

We just traded an 08 Spree for a 277RL Vibe. Haven't picked it up yet but I expect to find a number of issues. Having sold RV's for a couple of years, we never found a manufacturer who sent out rigs that didn't need a number of fixes.

Taking care of those little things that break is just part of owning an RV. Enjoy your rig, but even top of the line RVs have issues.

Tags
vibe