Old 09-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #11
Now a "Top Member"
If you can afford it, get it. As said above, you may never need it...but. I always say "Peace of Mind". I have a Curt 20K manual slider, and have never "needed" it, but used it a couple of times just 'cause. The last time I used it, I actually had to break it had sat a while not used.

Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2011 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #12
As you already know... Measure the width of the trailer...8 ft of course. Take half plus 4 inches and this is how far "it is supposed to be" from the cab. Dents in mine prove it. I bought a slide...and actually needed the last trip. It's just one less thing for me to watch/worry when backing. Posts, walls, trees, curbs, ditches, kids/dogs, hook-ups, other trailers/vehicles, etc... Worth all the effort to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

totalled 04-11-16 by storm(picking up new one 10-26-16)
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #13
First TV was a F350 with 6' box that towed a Titanium 5th wheel. I had a Pullrite Superglide hitch and never regretted spending the extra money. No levers or latches to mess with, it slides back when the truck turns and slides back to the front when truck and trailer are straight. Also had a very secure pin jaw arrangement. It's your money, but you have a lot invested in the truck and trailer - the hitch is cheap in comparison. I have no financial interest in this company, I'm just a satisfied customer.
2015 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 WS. Rear LR, large street side slide with small wardrobe slide in BR.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Laramie Quad Cab.
wbdavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #14
Originally Posted by bob27rwls View Post
just put a deposit on a 315vrl have a 15 f250 with 6.5 bed do I need a slider hitch
With the front design of the V-Cross 315VRL fifth wheel I wouldn’t think you would have any need at all for a slider hitch.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #15
I have a V-Cross and have a slider hitch. Have never used the slider but someday if I upgrade, maybe I will.

Glen & Lee
Dawsonville, GA
2013 V-Cross Platinum 325VRL
2014 Ford F250 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #16
X2 Oakman with that angled front it may not be needed. If it was a "standard" front cap I would say most definitely yes, a standard rear sliding window, with out the power option and defroster is 300.00......don't ask me how I know, you get the picture.
Mike, Lisa and Jake
2002 Ford F250 CC 7.3
2013 Wildcat Sterling 32RL
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #17
Indeed when I was looking at the VCross that was one of their selling points, no need for a slide on a 6' bed. They even have a video showing it.

All that said, if you had a TT you would not be able to crank it more than about 80 degrees either yet somehow people managed to get TT's where they needed to be without destroying camper or rear bumper on truck..
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #18
went an got a rease hitch from ford 18k a little pricey but no mounts across bed picked up camper sat pulled great

bob27rwls is offline   Reply With Quote